Editing mail message attachments with RMAIL/RMIME?

Editing mail message attachments with RMAIL/RMIME?

Post by ma.. » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:34:00

I'm using RMAIL/RMIME to read mail.

Is there a way to *edit* Email messages while reading them?
In particular, I'd like to remove pesky attachments.

Don't you hate it when you get a text message and the same thing
is included as an HTML attachment?
Or, what about all those images in attachments?

I'm a firm believer in keeping all my Email messages, but I'd like
to remove the attachments as I'm reading mail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  Richard

Editing mail message attachments with RMAIL/RMIME?

Post by Juan Leon Lahoz Garci » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:50:30

    Richard> I'm using RMAIL/RMIME to read mail. Is there a way to
    Richard> *edit* Email messages while reading them? In particular,
    Richard> I'd like to remove pesky attachments.

    Richard> Any ideas?

I edit the message (key "e" in rmail) and remove the mime attachment
by hand. Be sure to remove the mime "separators" and the
elisp function to do this.

--
Leon

Post by David Kastru » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:15:09

> I'm using RMAIL/RMIME to read mail.

> Is there a way to *edit* Email messages while reading them?
> In particular, I'd like to remove pesky attachments.

> Don't you hate it when you get a text message and the same thing
> is included as an HTML attachment?
> Or, what about all those images in attachments?

> I'm a firm believer in keeping all my Email messages, but I'd like
> to remove the attachments as I'm reading mail.

> Any ideas?

C-h m tells you about the keys for a mode.  In this case, `e' will
let you edit the message.  Surprise, surprise.

1. Emacs RMAIL/RMIME: How can I delete attachments in received mail?

I'm using Emacs RMAIL/RMIME to read mail.

Reading and sending messages with MIME content works fine.

But I'd like to do two more things:
1. Selectively delete attachment(s) from a message that I am reading.
2. Automatically delete attachments containing duplicate HTML text.

The reason is that I keep all my mail messages.  I often don't want
to keep big attachments (eg., postscript or pdf papers).
I never want to keep duplicate copies of the text in HTML forms.
It seems many mailers send both Text and HTML by default!  This adds
to clutter and disk space.

Thanks for any help...
  Richard

PS: I've looked at "etach" (etach.sourceforge.net).  It lets you send
and receive MIME messages, but I don't think you can edit messages once
you've received them.

2. ISO: Materials on Complex adaptive systems

3. Saving mime attachment (rmail and rmime)

4. System 32 directory..

5. RMIME --- read MIME messages (works with rmail, VM and mh-e)

6. P-38 Pilots handbook

7. RMIME --- Decode MIME messages inside Emacs (works with RMAIL, VM, and mh-e)

8. Can anyone help me?

9. How to stop mail/rmail split attachments

10. problems with rmime's handling of some received MIME attachments

11. A function to edit RMAIL messages

12. RMIME wasn't designed/tested for Xemacs (was: Re: rmime vs. tm)

13. reordering mail messages in rmail file.