How do I change the base font in emacs 21.2 (on windows XP)

How do I change the base font in emacs 21.2 (on windows XP)

Post by Bert » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:48:51

Suppose I want to use COURIER NEW as base font,
how can I set this in my .emacs file?

And how do I do it interactive, using customize?

Thanks
Bert

Post by Krishnakumar » Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:26:44

> Suppose I want to use COURIER NEW as base font,
> how can I set this in my .emacs file?

> And how do I do it interactive, using customize?

Answer to both of your questions:

Click Shift + Mouse pointer 1

You will get a font dialog. Choose your font.

Then do

M-x customize-face RET default RET

You will see the font that you chose there. Now click the button save for
future sesssions in the top of the buffer.

If you do customize-face directly, you will most likely get the name of the
font wrong. I think GNU Emacs chooses the name of the font depending on the
type of the font. So doing the above way avoids surprises.

-kitty.

1. Help: Gnu Emacs 21.2 freezing on Windows XP

Hello,

I just installed Gnu Emacs 21.2 on Windows XP (fullbin version downloaded
off of gnu's ftp server).  The program runs for a little while and then
freezes.  The rest of the computer runs, albeit a little slow, however the
emacs window is white (yet movable).  The Task Manager shows it running,
however in the process listing, it's shown as consuming 100% cpu, even
though I'm just editing a simple 9k perl file.

I've tried installing 21.1 and I have encountered the same problem there.

Thanks in advance for your help,
--Matt

---

2. pathnames & separators

3. Need Windows/DOS based emacs

4. Non word boundary in MySQL REGEXP?

5. emacs 21.2 and font spacing

6. POP3: in.pop3d duplicates messages

7. Installing emacs 21.2 - using X windows (newbie)

8. Font lock mode problem with emacs 21.2 (nt version)

9. M-x compile leaves 3 handles open on native Windows (21.1 and 21.2)

10. Odd sort problem with my windows Xemacs 21.2

11. Xemacs 21.2: colors differ between windows?

12. Xemacs 21.2 on Windows 2000 Beta 3