1. (setenv "LANGUAGE" "da_DK") + dired -> "No file on line"
I am using xemacs version 20.4; fra Feb 1998 (debian potato) , and I
had a problem. When I used auc-tex my viewer wrote
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = "c",
LC_ALL = "c",
LANG = "c"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
It seems that outside xemacs I had the right language settings
(da_DK), but inside xemacs something was wrong. Therefore I added the
following lines to my .emacs
(setenv "LANG" "da_DK")
(setenv "LANGUAGE" "da_DK")
(setenv "LC_ALL" "da_DK")
Sadly that gave me a new problem. When I used dired and tried to open
a file, xemacs wrote : "No file on line". I found a faq on the web
Dired uses a regular expression to find the beginning of a file
name. In a long Unix-style directory listing ("ls -l"), the file name
starts after the date. The regexp has thus been written to look for
the date, the format of which can vary on non-US systems.
There are two approaches to solving this. The first one involves
setting things up so that "ls -l" outputs US date format. This can be
done by setting the locale. See your OS manual for more information.
The second approach involves changing the regular expression used by
Now I am somewhat baffled. I don't know how to do any of the two. If
someone has a quick solution please help me. (I use bash)
Thanks in advance
PS: I realise upgrading would probably be a quick solution, but I am
not the sysadm, and I don't have the skill to install a new xemacs
Niels L Ellegaard http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/
SPECIAL OFFER! I proofread unsolicited commercial email sent to this
address at a rate of US $500.00 per incident! Include billing address
in your message and save US $500.00 per hour off ordinary address
resolution and tracking charge!
2. word processing question
3. problems with "point", "mark" and "region"
4. Help! Migrating Windows Apps!
5. Q: How to highlight the "++", "--", "==" ... for C or C++
6. missing file "hal.dll" causes freeze upon booting.
7. "file mode spec error"+"emacs" & "emacs-20.6"
8. Creative 6424E CDRW problem
9. "Beautify files"!
10. demacs "fill" breaks "za" sequence in word after "z"!
11. Modeline shows "Raw" and "ISO8"
12. "abbrev" does not work for "while" ???
13. XEmacs with JDE,"Run App" I get "java -v <myclassfile>"