emacs mode for yacc/bison and flex/lex

Post by Nuno Sant » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of the existence of such modes? If so, could you tell
me where to find it? Thanks.

Nuno Santos
ICQ: 1509684
tel: 966509716

emacs mode for yacc/bison and flex/lex

Post by Dave Lov » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

The advice in the comp.compilers FAQ (I think) is just to use C mode.
That's the Emacs default for .lex and .y files.

emacs mode for yacc/bison and flex/lex

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Fri, 24 Dec 1999 04:00:00

It appears that there is a bison.el floating about on the Net.  I
found it with ftpsearch.
kai

1. YACC, Bison, lex, flex Modes for emacs

Howdy all-

After searching for a mode for the above, I found bison-mode.el which
many of you have probably found as inadequate as I did.  I am
seriously considering writing Emacs major modes for the above
languages.  I would like to open up a discussion of the desired
features of these modes.  I don't want to limit anybody's brainstorms,
please feel free to wish away. Whatever the consensus is for a feature
set, I will do my best to implement.

I am cross-posting this message to comp.compilers and comp.emacs for
the obvious reason that I wanted to catch as many interested parties
as possible.  However, the entire thread probably does not need to be
cross-posted to both groups.  Does anyone have a preference as to
which group to continue the discussion?  Both groups seem equally
appropos to me.

My e-mail may be changing in the near future.  So, you may send
replies to this address if you wish (at your own risk :-), but I would
advise keeping them in the newsgroups until I sort out a new e-mail
address.  At that point if the discussion seems lively enough, I may
set up a mailing list, to conserve bandwidth, and keep from annoying
uninterested parties.

'nuf said.
-Tom
--

2. SQL Update of Field From Another File

3. Flex, Lex, Bison, Yacc mode

4. Name the Game

5. Lex/Flex, Bison/Yacc Major Mode

6. Still Having Fax Problems!

7. Bison/Yacc & Lex/Flex Fundamental Modes

8. Is SGI ending their Intel-machine development?

9. Bison/Yacc & Lex/Flex Fundamental Mode

10. need flex/bison emacs modes

11. flex- or lex-mode for (X)Emacs?

12. lex or flex-mode for Emacs-19.30

13. Is anyone working on a Lex/Yacc mode for Emacs?