define size of 'find-file' window?

Post by Johannes Rau » Sat, 24 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi, everyone!

Is there a way of setting the size and looks of the window that pops
up when I choose 'Open ...' from the menu bar?

I would like to have a tall window with just one column for the
directories and one for the files (currently there are several columns
for the files)!

I am using Xemacs 19.14.

Any hint is appreciated!

Thanks,
        Johannes

1. hidden files in the 'find-file'-dialog

How can make xemacs not to show me
the hidden files and dirs in the find-file-dialogue ?

Is there a permanent solution available instead of
pressing C-h k C-o in dired mode?

--
regards

Martin

web:   www.martinhenne.de
tel.:  +49 177 / 711 0 713

(please only reply to the email above or NG)
(Bitte nur an diese Mailadresse antworten oder NG)

2. Query-replace on VI

3. 'open file' window size

4. frontpage 2000 email config?

5. c-mode : can't expand '#d' to '#define'

6. Desktop display is not using full color depth

7. typing '~/' to clear file window like '/'

8. Outbound mail to same domain

9. `vc-rename-this-file' isn't defined

10. Switching 'Left Windows' key and 'Left Alt' key

11. documentation mismatch for 'find-file-compare-truenames'

12. `find-dired' function question (find file of type x?)

13. Can `find-file' autodetect a compressed version?