TAB-completion in customize options

Post by Klaus Bernd » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:31:59

Suppose the following defcustom:

(defcustom some-option "~/.emacs"
  :group 'ecb-help
  :type 'file)

With this the user is able to use M-TAB for TAB-completion for the file-name
to insert. OK, very well.

Now suppose

(defcustom some-option-1 "left"
  :group 'ecb-help
  :type 'string)

Is is possible to define this defcustom, so that the user can also use M-TAB
for TAB-completion for a certain domain of strings, in our example maybe
'("left", "right" "top" bottom").
What i have in mind is something like completing-read...

Is this possible with the custom-library?

TIA,
Klaus

--

sd&m AG                             http://www.sdm.de
software design & management

1. Q: Customizing C options, tab

Q: Customizing C options:

Right now hitting my tab on the curly bracket line gives me the
following:
---------------------------

void foo ()
  {
  int a;
  }

I would like to get this C-style:
-----------------------------

void foo ()
{
  int a;

What options do I set?

Thanks!

 Fabian Meier,                  Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
 Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Advanced Media Products
 Mountain View, CA, USA

2. Wall Street Journal article on Telecomm competition

3. customize, options, xemacs-options

4. Help!!! sorting out which CD burning software to purchase

5. Tab-completion does not work

6. about ink drying up over time

7. Tab-Completion in grep command

8. SMTP Auth methods that the mail client supports

9. tab-completion in source?

10. tab-completion in GDB mode

11. Can't get back to default customize options

12. Customizing font-lock-mode/"Options" menu item

13. Need help with completion list options