How can I add *.tpl to html mode support?

How can I add *.tpl to html mode support?

Post by pani » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:44:10

I want to be able to edit php template files *.tpl using the <HTML> mode.
How can I tell emacs to see *.tpl files as such?
Thanks,
CP

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:54:34

> I want to be able to edit php template files *.tpl using the <HTML> mode.
> How can I tell emacs to see *.tpl files as such?

See variable auto-mode-alist.
--
~/.signature

1. adding tables as a valid element in html-mode (sgml mode)

OK, I guess that there is a simple anwer to this somewhere, but I am
stumped after a couple of days of looking around.

I am using xemacs-20, and using the html-mode for editing html
documents.  When the right mouse button is clicked inside the document,
a menu pops up of the "valid" elements that can be inserted at that
point; for example if one is inside a <ol> </ol> block, then the valid
element to insert is "li".

In the body of the message (between <body> </body> tags), I would like
to insert a table.  In the older version of xemacs, this was a trivial
matter of clicking the right mouse button, and selecting "table".  In
xemacs-20, this is not one of the options on the menu, and even manually
typing in the term "<table>" will generate complaints on the status bar
that it is "not a valid element at this point" with any future mouse
clicks.

How can I have "table" be one of the recognized elements in the <body>
of an html document?

I have looked far enough to know that it is addressed somewhere in the
sgml and dtd files, but after a couple of days of rooting around in
those directories I am no closer to figuring this out.  Is this a simple
case of editing a database?

Any information is welcome at this point.

--
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Dr. Paul Box

*  If Elvis was so great, why was he buried in the back yard like a
*  hamster?

2. SCDOWN

3. An HTML mode that supports Frames?

4. cperl-mode

5. Wanted: HTML-mode that supports Netscape extensions

6. Is BackOffice 4.0 the one?

7. HTML mode & SGML [html] mode

8. display directory of file in mode line?

9. adding x-symbol support for programming languagens

10. New HTML Tags in HTML mode

11. xemacs goofy "(HTML [html])" mode?

12. How do I add [incr Tcl] support to Xemacs OO Browser

13. diffs to add OpenBSD support to xemacs