VM read mail command?

Post by Aidan Doyle KS/EIC3 60/1/29 #405 » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using xemacs V 19.13. I noticed that there are accelerator keys
and corresponding vm commands for most motions but none to read new
mail. The only way to read new mail seems to be to click on the
message in the summary area. Can anyone please tell me how to set up an
accelerator key to read new mail?

Thanks,

Aidan
Aidan Doyle        Software Engineer
Tel No:           +49 (0)711 821 40597
Fax No:           +49 (0)711 821 47045

VM read mail command?

Post by Ian MacKinn » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

    Aidan> Hi, I'm using xemacs V 19.13. I noticed that there are
    Aidan> accelerator keys and corresponding vm commands for most
    Aidan> motions but none to read new mail. The only way to read new
    Aidan> mail seems to be to click on the message in the summary
    Aidan> area. Can anyone please tell me how to set up an
    Aidan> accelerator key to read new mail?

    Aidan> Thanks,

    Aidan> Aidan --
    Aidan> ------------------------------------------------------
    Aidan> Aidan Doyle Software Engineer Tel No: +49 (0)711 821 40597
    Aidan> Fax No: +49 (0)711 821 47045

On xemacs 19.14 with vm C-h b reports

g               vm-get-new-mail

--
                       \|/
                      (o o)

| (44) 171 293 1413                                     |
|_______________________________________________________|

VM read mail command?

Post by giacomo bof » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Ian MacKinnon writes:

 >     Aidan> [ ... ] I noticed that there are accelerator keys and
 >     Aidan> corresponding vm commands for most motions but none to
 >     Aidan> read new mail.

 > g            vm-get-new-mail

or, maybe, the question is a bit fuzzy, you may want to try M-n, i.e.,

vm-next-unread-message:
Move forward to the nearest new or unread message, if there is one.

hth
                                                                gb

1. dired-read-mail command

I love this command, 'dired-read-mail, but it seems NOT to be able to
read mh folders.  I undertand that it's a whole different thing to read
a directory than a file, but it shouldn't be too hard the tell this
command to read mh-style folders in addition to VM/RMAIL.  I personally
use VM and think that it's about the best thing I've ever seen that's
free and on UNIX, and I love it.  But my friends use MH, and I'd like to
tell them that dired supports their mail handler equally.  MH is still a
great mail handler (i used it for 5 years in college, and I never had a
problem, except that it stores each letter as a file, which I dislike,
but even so, it can be advantageous in some ways I guess).

dave
(p.s. If the dired people would let me, I'll write it myself, but I
think they know what they want more than I do)

2. Is the Money98 database accessible using VBA? Access97?

3. How do I read mail containing HTML commands?

4. Autocad & Diamond Stealth cards.

5. setting up xemacs VM for Pop3 mail reading

6. math mode and italicized text

7. xemacs crash while reading mail with vm

8. hotmail adressbook problem

9. How does VM read mail spool files?

10. Newbie - can't get VM to read mail at startup

11. Marking all mail as read in VM

12. Reading internet mail with vm

13. vm's capability of reading mail from a secondary machine?