How do I execute a macro on a LOT of different files?

How do I execute a macro on a LOT of different files?

Post by Eric Friedma » Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
I've got a keyboard macro in my .emacs file that I'd like to execute on a
couple hundred different files.  Is there a way to do this without
opening each file one by one?

I'd appreciate being mailed a copy of any replies to this post.
thanks!
Eric

1. executing macros on region

Hallo

I defined macro m1 (it erases blank characters from the beginning of the
line, but it isn't important)
now I want to execute this macro on a region calling it by name
I have a function :
M-x apply-macro-to-region-lines
but it executes last macro and want function to execute macro with name
given by me

do You know how to do it
greetings
maciej

2. Getting system librairies version number?

3. executing keyboard-macro

4. OOP in hardware

5. executing keyboard macro in batch mode

6. DraCo Vision SDK?

7. Executing n-times the same macro

8. Canon S820

9. Deleting lots of files from dired-mode

10. How to rename a lot of files...

11. howto use different major modes on different areas of a single buffer

12. Different Fonts in different windows of one frame?

13. different sections of text in different colors in xemacs