Font lock mode problem with emacs 21.2 (nt version)

Font lock mode problem with emacs 21.2 (nt version)

Post by Chris Le » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:56:36

Dear All,

I upgraded my emacs from version 20 to 21. And I encountered a font lock
mode problem with *.sh file.

Here is my script file context:

#! /bin/sh

sqlplus <<EOF
connect abc/abc
EOF

The highlighted parts:

connect abc/abc
EOF

are very hard to read as the color is very close to the background
color. I would like to find out how I can set the color of that area. I
looked up font-lock.el, but I still couldn't find a solution. Can anyone
give me some suggestions?

Thanks very much,

-- Chris

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 17:34:44

> are very hard to read as the color is very close to the background
> color. I would like to find out how I can set the color of that area. I
> looked up font-lock.el, but I still couldn't find a solution. Can anyone
> give me some suggestions?

M-x customize-face RET RET

This gives you a list of all faces, find the right one by looking at
both appearance and name.  Then I hope it's obvious how to change
it.  Don't forget to save your changes.

--
~/.signature

1. problem with nt emacs font-lock-mode in sh-mode

i am having a problem with emacs (20.2) on the nt box i have at work.
i go to edit a bash script (with find-file) and it goes to sh-mode
correctly then font-lock-mode gives an error in the minibuffer:

symbol's function value is void: nil

(this is to the best of my recollection as i'm now at home.)
the find-file partially bombs in that i don't switch to the new buffer
but i can go there with buffer-menu manually.

toggling font-lock-mode while in sh-mode causes the same error each i
turn on the font-lock-mode.   thus i conclude it's a font-lock
problem.  question is, how i debug this beast and find out what is
wrong?  i don't get very much useful from the error message.  there's
not much else to say as that's all i've been able to figure out.

deja news searching turned up nothing on this topic.  do others get
font-lock-mode in sh-mode (bash) with emacs 20.2 for nt?

thanks for your consideration.

--

2. HELP!!!!!!!! Configuring video display

3. Problem with psgml-mode on XEmacs 21.2 (NT)

4. ----Java Consultant---Detroit MI---6 + Months Contract

5. NT Emacs and shell-script mode / font-lock problems

6. How can I send a text file to a fast dot matrix printer?

7. font-lock for C++ mode [Q] font-lock for C++ mode

8. PDF to any other format (tiff, PS, etc) WITHOUT an Adobe Program???

9. How do I change the base font in emacs 21.2 (on windows XP)

10. emacs 21.2 and font spacing

11. XEmacs 21.2 on NT

12. printing from xemacs-nt 21.2

13. Sizing initial frame on 21.2 NT