full screen Xemacs

Post by Philippe Matagn » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am unable to resize my XEmacs so that it occupies the
full screen of my HP Workstation, but another member of
my research group CAN do this. I even copied his .emacs.

I'd also like to get an xterm (and no longer a hpterm)
when I type 'meta x shell'

Any suggestions?

Ph. Matagne
Beckman Institute

full screen Xemacs

Post by David Wojtowic » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> I am unable to resize my XEmacs so that it occupies the
> full screen of my HP Workstation, but another member of
> my research group CAN do this. I even copied his .emacs.

> Any suggestions?

> Ph. Matagne
> Beckman Institute

This is not an XEmacs problem.  You'll probably notice that you can't
resize any of the windows to full screen.  The HP VUE window manager
is "helping" you by keeping you from making windows so big they cover
the VUE toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

To override this, set the maximumMaximumSize resource larger.

In your .Xdefaults file, add the following line:

 Vuewm*maximumMaximumSize: 1280x1024

and then restart the window manager.

--
 David Wojtowicz, Research Programmer/Systems Manager
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services

1. full screen with xemacs

Hallo,

i have installed xemacs under gdm -- sawfish under debian woody. when loading
the xemacs window is larger than the screen. after the fonts have been installed
the right border is way out of the screen. I make the xemacs fullscreen, save
the session, however, next time the window is still to large.

Does anyone have a suggestion to make the xemacs window fullscreen without
adjustment?

Since I am working only for the last 2 month with linux and X, it would already
been sufficient to point me to an appropriate FAQ.

bernhard

2. Getting CTAssert to compile

3. Running full screen program like vi from xemacs shell window

4. Is the A2920 good enough for Y4416s?

5. Default full screen

6. Argh! Help me! Big os2 mess! Dualboot!

7. Full Screen Emacs

8. SBS SP1

9. Full screen emacs

10. why doesn't Emacs cover the full screen?

11. Default full screen

12. SOURCES FOR UNIX FULL SCREEN EDITORS