mail question

Post by Omar Andres Armas Alema » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm using emacs to read my mail, but every time i make a reply, it
automatically  do a 'reply to all', so i have to erase the cc manually.

Is there a commando for 'reply only to sender and include message'?

I also have noticed that it doesn't include my signature. There's a
button, but how can i automize it?

> Hello !

> I know this is a fairly simple question for those who know xemacs pretty
> well,but i am new to xemacs 19.14.
> I want to edit the menuebar with a new icon,which executes a specific
> command (e.g. 'ls -a' command).Furthermore this icon should have a
> self-designed apearance (e.g. such as the newspaper-symbol in the
> category NEWS).

> 'Which' possible additions do i have to make and 'where' (i.e. in which
> file ) ?

> Hope to hear from you :-) ,
>         Marc
> --

------
Omar Andres Armas Aleman, Instituto de Quimica, 6224424
        http://132.248.11.4/~kaos

mail question

Post by Sebastien Carp » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm using emacs to read my mail, but every time i make a reply, it
> automatically  do a 'reply to all', so i have to erase the cc manually.

Worse, it does a follow-up, which means that if you were targeted
through a mailing list, you reply the author and the WHOLE mailing
list. From experience, i can tell you it's sometimes embarrassing.
May be the VM maintainer could change the default...

Quote:

> Is there a commando for 'reply only to sender and include message'?

Sure, it's written in baloon-help :) .. just do (tested)
(fset 'vm-toolbar-reply-command 'vm-reply-include-text)
To have the reply button just the same behavior as the 'R' key (reply
to author and yank)
Quote:

> I also have noticed that it doesn't include my signature. There's a
> button, but how can i automize it?

Do C-h a signature RETURN
and read the documentation (see mail-signature-file AND
message-signature)
Never forget that apropos is YOUR FRIEND, and read it before posting.

mail question

Post by Anders Stenma » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm using emacs to read my mail, but every time i make a reply, it
> automatically  do a 'reply to all', so i have to erase the cc manually.

> Is there a commando for 'reply only to sender and include message'?

(I assume that you use vm)

Put

  (fset 'vm-toolbar-reply-command 'vm-reply-include-text)

in your `.emacs'.

Quote:

> I also have noticed that it doesn't include my signature. There's a
> button, but how can i automize it?

 (setq mail-signature t)

--
Anders Stenman, M Sc, Tekn Lic    Phone: +46 13 284079
Dept of EE / Automatic Control    Fax:   +46 13 282622

S-581 83 Link?ping, Sweden        http://www.control.isy.liu.se

1. mail question

I am looking for a robust email client that can handle all of the window
and mac file attachments that I get sent (binhex outlook and the like).
I am currently using Netscape mail and news but it doesn't seem to like
attachments sent from an outlook client. Can I use xemacs for this
purpose or is it true that xemacs does not support file attachments?

Thanks

Kirk

--
Kirk R. Wythers
Department of Forest Resources

2. Creating Groups

3. Gnus and local mail question

4. HTML based email

5. reportmail, announcing new mail question.

6. Dynamic RangeValidator (client side)

7. Mail question !

8. networking mc to pc

9. emacs mail questions

10. Simple(?) mail question

11. Mail questions

12. two questions on mail configuration

13. Two questions regarding RMAIL-get-new-mail