Simple(?) mail question

Post by Bas Art » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

A few months ago, I used rmail to read my mail. Since a few months, I use Gnus
to read my mail.

This works fine for me, except for one thing: when using rmail, if I read my
mail, the 'Mail' indication in the mode line was gone immediately. But now,
when using Gnus, the 'Mail' indication disappears at the moment the clock
changes. Worst case, it takes one minute before the indication is gone.

Q: How can I change this, in order to get rid of the 'Mail' indication
immediately when reading the mail?

greetz,

--
Bas Arts

_____---_____/|
  (__|||__)  \|
     """

Simple(?) mail question

Post by David Bakhas » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Q: How can I change this, in order to get rid of the 'Mail' indication
> immediately when reading the mail?

Look for the hook variable that gets run after you read new mail.  to that
hook, add the (display-time-update) function.

I'm guessing here, but try this:

(add-hook 'nnmail-post-get-new-mail-hook
          'display-time-update)

I think that, or something like it, should work.

dave

Simple(?) mail question

Post by Michael Pow » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

1. Simple grep question - xemacs under cygwin

I recently installed cygwin and am running xemacs under it (on a Win2k box).
I can't seem to get grep or igrep to recurse directories when running from
xemacs.  What's the correct way of doing this?

Also, when I run grep with the -r option in the cygwin window, it never
returns, and does not show any results. End up having to ctrl-c it to make
it quit.

Thanks in advance,
Keith

2. Acroname Brainstem and Visual Basic

3. Simple question: Why does "-" appear as "\226"

4. Cisco Tng for Network folks

5. Simple xemacs questions

6. Any feedback on ORACLE HR application?

7. Simple questions / feature requests

8. MSDN April 2002 DVD install problem

9. Simple question about .emacs

10. Two simple questions