How to set blink-matching-paren on

How to set blink-matching-paren on

Post by Tim Johnso » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:19:21



Hello All:
        I would like to have matching parens highlighted.
In my .emacs file I have the following line:
(setq blink-matching-paren t)
Yet I do not see the expected effect.
1)What am I doing wrong?
2)And where is a good source of documentation
  on this?
TIA
--

      http://www.alaska-internet-solutions.com
      http://www.johnsons-web.com
 
 
 

How to set blink-matching-paren on

Post by Michael Slas » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:02:46



>Hello All:
>    I would like to have matching parens highlighted.
>In my .emacs file I have the following line:
>(setq blink-matching-paren t)
>Yet I do not see the expected effect.
>1)What am I doing wrong?
>2)And where is a good source of documentation
>  on this?
>TIA
>--

>      http://www.alaska-internet-solutions.com
>      http://www.johnsons-web.com

Check out the emacs manual node: "Automatic Display Of Matching
Parentheses"  You can view the info node from within emacs:

C-h i RET m emacs RET m parentheses RET m matching RET

--
Mike Slass

 
 
 

How to set blink-matching-paren on

Post by Mac » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:22:22


En dag, n?rmare best?mt 2002-11-14, plitade Michael Slass ner:

Quote:> Check out the emacs manual node: "Automatic Display Of Matching
> Parentheses"  You can view the info node from within emacs:

> C-h i RET m emacs RET m parentheses RET m matching RET

I *know* I can have that written as a hypertext button (showing in
Gnus) with something like:

         info://Emacs/parentheses/matching

But I can't seem to find a description of the syntax used here in info
or via google. I think my main problem is to anchor at the info root level.

Could anyone help me by giving me the syntax in more "plain" format.

/Mac

--
.signature: No such file or directory

 
 
 

How to set blink-matching-paren on

Post by Tim Johnso » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:57:19


<...>
Quote:> >In my .emacs file I have the following line:
> >(setq blink-matching-paren t)
> >Yet I do not see the expected effect.
> >2)And where is a good source of documentation
> >  on this?

> Check out the emacs manual node: "Automatic Display Of Matching
> Parentheses"  You can view the info node from within emacs:

> C-h i RET m emacs RET m parentheses RET m matching RET

<...>(Teach a man to fish...)
Thank you Michael.
Needed (show-paren-mode)
--

      http://www.alaska-internet-solutions.com
      http://www.johnsons-web.com
 
 
 

How to set blink-matching-paren on

Post by Reiner Stei » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:11:28



> En dag, n?rmare best?mt 2002-11-14, plitade Michael Slass ner:
[...]
>> C-h i RET m emacs RET m parentheses RET m matching RET

> I *know* I can have that written as a hypertext button (showing in
> Gnus) with something like:

>          info://Emacs/parentheses/matching

The following (hopefully not too ugly) code allows to insert the
current info node in the following ways:

<info://emacs/Matching>
(Info-goto-node "(emacs)Matching")
(Info-goto-node "(emacs)Matching"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defvar rs-info-goto-node-string "Info-goto-node"
  ;; Stefan Monnier suggested to use `info' instead of `Info-goto-node', but
  ;; this doesn't work for XEmacs.
  "String to insert with `rs-insert-current-info-node'")

;; Emacs 20.7 doesn't have replace-in-string. Maybe it would be better
;; to use the code from gnus-util.el here.
(if (fboundp 'replace-in-string)
    (defalias 'rs-replace-in-string 'replace-in-string)
  (autoload 'gnus-replace-in-string "gnus-util")
  (defalias 'rs-replace-in-string 'gnus-replace-in-string))

(defun rs-insert-current-info-node (&optional arg)
  "Insert URL to current Info node in buffer.  
If ARG, the prefix, is non-nil, insert `\(info \"\(file\)node\"\)' instead.
With 2 \\[universal-argument]'s, add a note \(about \"C-x C-e\"\), too."

  (interactive "p")
  (let ((buffer (buffer-name)))
    (set-buffer "*info*")
    (let* ((node Info-current-node)
           (nodeurl (rs-replace-in-string node " " "+"))
           (file Info-current-file)
           (fileurl (rs-replace-in-string file "/.*/" ""))
           (fileurl (rs-replace-in-string fileurl "\.gz" ""))
           (fileurl (rs-replace-in-string fileurl "\.info" "")))
      (set-buffer buffer)
      (cond
       ((or (not arg)
            (and (numberp arg) (= arg 1)))
        (insert "<info://" fileurl "/" nodeurl ">"))
       (arg
        ;; TODO: Gnus should buttonize the former too:
        (insert "(" rs-info-goto-node-string
                " \"(" fileurl ")" node "\")"
                (if (and (numberp arg) (= arg (* 4 4)))
                    "; <== Press C-x C-e here!"
                  "")))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Quote:> But I can't seem to find a description of the syntax used here in
> info or via google.

I'm afraid, the only description is the lisp source. See the function
`gnus-button-handle-info' in `gnus-art.el'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo--- PGP key available via WWW   http://rsteib.home.pages.de/

 
 
 

1. Problems with blink-matching-paren in 18.58.2?

I am having problems with blink-matching-paren in Emacs 18.58.2

Most of the time, the blinking on the matching opening "(" is
so fast that it is barely visible. I believe that the problem
is in "sit-for" which will be cut short if there is input available.

Any help?

Thanks

Jacques Wainer

2. error424: Sercer Extentions fault

3. blink-matching-paren-dont-ignore-comments ignored in fortran mode?

4. Help: Trap 000d on bootup

5. c-mode blink-paren matching

6. Shlaer/Mellor Analysts Wanted!

7. where is blink-matching-paren-distance ?

8. Wanted: 4.1.3 host driver for Digi board

9. (paren-set-mode 'paren)

10. blinking paren question

11. GTK buffer tab & blink paren

12. xemacs 19.15: blink-paren

13. Help needed: Can't get blinking paren-highlighting