Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

Post by tnh.. » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:37:52

Hi,

I'm using Indesign CS3 on MAC OS.
I m trying to develop a plugin which would disable the save, save as menus when a document is open.
I ve tried working with the sample code creating dialogs and al, but have no clear idea about this.
Is it possible to access the sub menus in the file menu?
Which header files to use?
Will UpdateaActionStates() method be of any use?

Please someone guide me...
Thank You..

Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

Post by Norio_Kawam.. » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:42:00

Refer the Suppressed UI document in CS3 SDK.

Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

Post by tnh.. » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:58:50

Thanks for ur reply Norio...
I did that but does that sample has the options to disable the submenu of File menu or anythin related to it...

I need to know if it is possible to access the file menu from my plugin...

Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

Post by Norio_Kawam.. » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:52:02

I can disable kSaveActionID, kSaveAsActionID, kSaveACopyActionID in ::IsActionDisabled.

Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

Post by tnh.. » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:44:33

Hey thanks for ur reply...
I got a better of how to proceed.
Thank You.

Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

Post by tnh.. » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:06:04

Thanks a lot Norio. I did that. Is it possible to disable the close button(not the menu) in the open document(not the application)?

1. is there any Indesgin plugin development sdk interface available for file save as ...

Good Morning :)
  We are developing plugins for adobe Indesign, like OfficeReady
StuffIt does, this plugin will all users of Indesign to FILE->OPEN AS
COMPRESSED and FILE->SAVE AS COMPRESSED FILE,
  Is there any Interface available is Indesin SDK, which allows us to
OPEN and SAVE a file in user format ?
  Please answer ... at least give me some reference to read ... please
freinds !!!
- Sachin

2. site test - not in intranet

3. Editing Snitz Forums with UD?

4. Repost: Delete file to archive

5. Disable File-Save and File-Save-As

6. Disabling buttons?

7. Illustrator CS2 will not open or save as a file from the File menu