date validation "dd-mm-yyyy" ???

Post by dickso » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:55:55

I have a textbox in my webform for user to key in the date as in this format
"dd-mm-yyyy". But when I test the date the user enter using the function
IsDate and it seem like the IsDate function can only check date in this
format "mm-dd-yyyy".
How can I check the date in this format "dd-mm-yyyy" using IsDate function
or any other method that I can use to validate the date? By the way I have
set the computer Date format in the Regional Setting in Control Panel to
"dd-mm-yyyy". Thanks in advance.

date validation "dd-mm-yyyy" ???

Post by Simon Hazelto » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:57:14

Try adding this to web.config?

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"
culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB" />

Quote:> I have a textbox in my webform for user to key in the date as in this
format
> "dd-mm-yyyy". But when I test the date the user enter using the function
> IsDate and it seem like the IsDate function can only check date in this
> format "mm-dd-yyyy".
> How can I check the date in this format "dd-mm-yyyy" using IsDate function
> or any other method that I can use to validate the date? By the way I have
> set the computer Date format in the Regional Setting in Control Panel to
> "dd-mm-yyyy". Thanks in advance.

date validation "dd-mm-yyyy" ???

Post by Arthur Naoumidi » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:56:21

Simon - Thanks - I've been struggling to solve this myself

1. Date, changing mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy

I need to change the International settings in Visual Interdev to
English(Ireland) or English(UK).
There are only 2 options available:
English(United States) and
Same as Microsoft Office, which is set to English(Ireland), but Interdev
sees it as English(United STates) for some reason.

Help!

2. UNENET NEWSGROUPS via EMAIL

3. ASP.NET , saving DD/MM/YYYY format dates to Access/SQl database

4. ISDN Tariff reduction with WFW

5. ISO 8601 yyyy-mm-dd format validation

6. telephone carriers

7. Validating dd/MM/yyyy text boxes

8. Footnote in a separate page?

9. DateTime.Now to yyyy-mm-dd

10. sort on a dt field - need yyyy/mm/dd format?

11. How to parse yyyy/MM/dd datetime ?

12. ASP.NET - Error with dates: 37/10/aaaa - dd/mm/yyyy --> dd/mm/aaaa in spanish