PostBack using client script

Post by Sachi » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:15:51

I have a login.aspx page.

If your does not enter username/password, I want to
display a message box saying value is not entered. If
values are entered, I want to call a server side function.

How do I do this using client code. As I understand that
to show dialogs, we have to use client scripts only,
however how i call the server side funtion using client
script while doing postback?

Thanks in advance
Sachin

PostBack using client script

Post by Saurabh Mathu » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:12:09

Hi,

Try using the ASP.NET Validation Controls and look the
ServerValidate method of the ASPCustom Validator control
in case u want to validate users against a database. I
dont think you have to use much client scripts here
Validation Controls can be a solution to show message
boxes too.

Regards,
Saurabh Mathur

Quote:>-----Original Message-----