webservice security issue with network-based Winform

webservice security issue with network-based Winform

Post by John » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:49:03

We've got an established set of web services that useWindows authentication.
We can access these without problem for ASP.NET web apps and locally
installed Windows applications.

For kicks, we installed all the Windows assemblies (exe and dlls) to a
network share so we could test performance with multiple users hitting a
single shared application.  The forms download fine but when we call the web
service to get some data we get this error:

"Request for the permission of type System.Net.WebPermission, System,
Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken = b77a5c561934e089
failed."

I think the network share needs some configuring for permissions but don't
know where to start.  Any ideas?

John

1. Security for server based WinForm app?

As I start my application from a File Server i suddenly get a security
warning.

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
'System.Data.Odbc.OdbcPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Anyone know how to generate the security settings for the output that it
needs to work?

Mgmt said that this app will only work from the file server and not the
local workstations.  \\servername\path\MyExe.exe

TIA

__Stephen

2. Setting for DOV AND 2B for Courier I-modem

3. WebPermission - WinForm/WebService over the network

4. fuzzy dominance

5. Forms Authentication and Role-Based Security Issue

6. OS/2 for free

7. Webservice / LDAP Security Issues

8. Weird memory usage on DOS Workstations under LS 4.0

9. Issues Serializing A Derived Class and its Base using IXmlSerializable, Can't See Base

10. Need Network Admin and Network Security Engineer, Washington, DC - 2 Requirements

11. Role-based security with forms-based authentication

12. Technical Recruiters Network ~~ : Technical Recruiters Network ~~ : Technical Recruiters Network ~~ {Hot-Resumes:70269} : Compworldwide Hotlist

13. does the asp.net forms based authentication have a counterpart in winforms?