Mobile Toolkit Device Update error

Post by David Stimso » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:23:24

Hi, I get

Product: Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update
2.0 -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows
Installer package. A script required for this install to
complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel
or package vendor. Custom action CA_DisableCancel1 script
error -2146827859,Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Automation server can't create object Line 10, Column
4,

Any ideas?

Mobile Toolkit Device Update error

Post by Mike Moore [MSFT » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 05:21:57

Hi David,

I'm looking for someone who can assist you.

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET

--------------------

>Subject: Mobile Toolkit Device Update error
>Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:23:24 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile

>Hi, I get

>Product: Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update
>2.0 -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows
>Installer package. A script required for this install to
>complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel
>or package vendor. Custom action CA_DisableCancel1 script
>error -2146827859,Microsoft JScript runtime error:
>Automation server can't create object Line 10, Column
>4,

>Any ideas?

Mobile Toolkit Device Update error

Post by Mike Moore [MSFT » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 06:44:29

Hi David,

One of my coworkers has seen this error before. He said it's due to
anti-virus software blocking the install. He said it might be enough to
just turn of the anti-virus software's script blocking feature. Otherwise,
you may need to completely disable your anti-virus software during the
install.

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET

--------------------

>Subject: Mobile Toolkit Device Update error
>Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:23:24 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile

>Hi, I get

>Product: Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update
>2.0 -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows
>Installer package. A script required for this install to
>complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel
>or package vendor. Custom action CA_DisableCancel1 script
>error -2146827859,Microsoft JScript runtime error:
>Automation server can't create object Line 10, Column
>4,

>Any ideas?

Mobile Toolkit Device Update error

Post by David Stimso » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:12:52

Hi Mike,

We do not have anti-virus software running on our
production web server.

The "Automation server can't create object Line 10"
suggests that there is a missing required component.

David

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi David,

>One of my coworkers has seen this error before. He said
it's due to
>anti-virus software blocking the install. He said it
might be enough to
>just turn of the anti-virus software's script blocking

feature. Otherwise,
Quote:>you may need to completely disable your anti-virus

software during the
Quote:>install.

>Thank you, Mike Moore
>Microsoft, ASP.NET

>This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties,

and confers no rights.

>--------------------

>>Subject: Mobile Toolkit Device Update error
>>Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:23:24 -0800

Quote:>>NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA08 10.40.1.160

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile:5463
Quote:>>X-Tomcat-NG:

Quote:

>>Hi, I get

>>Product: Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device
Update
>>2.0 -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows
>>Installer package. A script required for this install
>>complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel
>>or package vendor. Custom action CA_DisableCancel1
script
>>error -2146827859,Microsoft JScript runtime error:
>>Automation server can't create object Line 10, Column
>>4,

>>Any ideas?

>.

Mobile Toolkit Device Update error

Post by Mike Moore [MSF » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 10:52:47

Hi David,

I found another probably cause for this error - outdated Windows Scripting
Host (WSH).

Microsoft Windows Script Downloads
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/web...

Windows XP is not listed in this download page because it should already
have the latest version. If you have WinXP and you suspect that it doesn't
have the latest version, then install the download listed 9x & NT4.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET

--------------------

| >Subject: RE: Mobile Toolkit Device Update error
| >Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:12:52 -0800

| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
| >
| >Hi Mike,
| >
| >We do not have anti-virus software running on our
| >production web server.
| >
| >The "Automation server can't create object Line 10"
| >suggests that there is a missing required component.
| >
| >David

Post by David Stimso » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:11:58

Hi Mike,

Installing Windows Script 5.6 did the trick.

Thanks

David

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi David,

>I found another probably cause for this error - outdated
Windows Scripting
>Host (WSH).

>Microsoft Windows Script Downloads

url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
Quote:

>Windows XP is not listed in this download page because
it should already
>have the latest version. If you have WinXP and you

suspect that it doesn't
Quote:>have the latest version, then install the download
listed 9x & NT4.

>Let me know if that fixes it.

>Thank you, Mike Moore
>Microsoft, ASP.NET

>This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties,

and confers no rights.

>| >Subject: RE: Mobile Toolkit Device Update error
>| >Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:12:52 -0800

Quote:>| >Path: cpmsftngxa06

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile:5513