What does <%# mean?

Post by MB » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:40:32

Is <%#  in ASP.NET the same as <%= in classic ASP?

Is there an online reference for ASP.NET with VB.NET?

Thanks

BB

What does <%# mean?

Post by Scotti » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:03:10

Quote:>Is <%#  in ASP.NET the same as <%= in classic ASP?

not be the same as ASP's <%=.

What does <%# mean?

Post by Karl Walke » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:43:49

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:40:32 -0000, "MB"

>Is <%#  in ASP.NET the same as <%= in classic ASP?

>Is there an online reference for ASP.NET with VB.NET?

>Thanks

>BB

Good point, I don't know either, however I do know that <%= can still
be used.

If you make a page member variable PUBLIC in the Page Class(code
behind) then you can use <%=.

For Example...

Public Class <PageNameClass>

        Public mName As String

        Public Sub Page_Load(........)
                mName = "Frank"
        End Sub

End Class

Then in the HTML say...

This works.

Hope this helps...

Regards

Karl

What does <%# mean?

Post by Polu » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:35:53

<%# %> means databinding.

> No.

> I have seen it used in the value field of an ASP:textbox with the
> recordset.fieldvalue(....)

> Thanks

> BB

>>>Is <%#  in ASP.NET the same as <%= in classic ASP?

>>not be the same as ASP's <%=.

What does <%# mean?

Post by mrrr » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:45:33

<%= is still short for <%response.write like in old ASP - but you're better
off not using it in .NET.

<%# is a new thing and is used for putting data bound info into user
designed HTML, e.g., in repeater control.

Quote:> Is <%#  in ASP.NET the same as <%= in classic ASP?

> Is there an online reference for ASP.NET with VB.NET?

> Thanks

> BB

What does <%# mean?

Post by BB » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 04:19:30

Quote:> <%= is still short for <%response.write like in old ASP - but you're
better
> off not using it in .NET.

What would you use instead then?

Quote:> <%# is a new thing and is used for putting data bound info into user
> designed HTML, e.g., in repeater control.

So in this situation it is like response.write but more. Is that it?

Do you know if there is an online reference for ASP.NET with VB.NET?

Many thanks

BB

What does <%# mean?

Post by Kevin Spence » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 06:26:08

Online reference - .Net Framework SDK:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976...
mpositedoc.xml&frame=true

HTH,

--
Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP

Quote:> Is <%#  in ASP.NET the same as <%= in classic ASP?

> Is there an online reference for ASP.NET with VB.NET?

> Thanks

> BB

1. Immediare need for Hyperion resource <<<<<<<<<< sudheer_a@techwavenet.com >>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Friends,

currently we have an immediate position for Hyperion Infrastructure resouce
fro the positio nin DAYTON OH, for 8+ months, if you have any one for the
position, send me the resume along with the contact details and the
rate.... please respond

*Hyperion_Infrastructure/Hyperion IR Infrastructure Resource*

Location: Dayton, OH

Start:  11/28

Duration:  8+ months

Rate: Open

*Upgrading HPSU ver 8.5 to IR ver 11.1.1.3.*

install and migrate

*Sudheer*| Techwave Consulting Inc**

*O: *484.252.2741 |484.222.2027| F: 484.872.8716

YIM & GTalk: sudheer.staffing

Business Intelligence Experts**

This email including its attachments, has confidential and privileged
information for the use of intended recipients only . Any review,
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please delete all copies of the original message from your system and
contact the sender immediately. All documents and/or messages that include
'an electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically
associated with a record and executed or adopted by a person with the
intent to sign the record', originating from, sent or received
electronically, via this email address will be considered as bearing the
sender's electronic signature under UETA: Uniform Electronic Transactions
Act. (1999)

2. Date control with NULL value withou checkboxes?

3. What does <%# ... %> mean?

4. Sony Spressa CD-RW

5. SAP APO Direct client Immediate need <<<<<<<< sudheer_a@techwavenet.com >>>>>>>>>>>>

6. BigDOS question(s)...

7. Direct client SAP SD Vistex immediate position <<<<<<<< sudheer_a@techwavenet.com >>>>>>>>

8. What's your preferred iOS RSS feed reader? What features are necessary/missing?

9. <<<< Error Reading Files >>>>

10. DataSet<=>XML<=>XSL<=>HTML<=>EXCEL

12. <Web Controls><Web Controls2></Web Controls2></Web Controls>

13. Allowing literal content in a webcontrol... as done by <asp:label>