Calendar control with sytle sheets probem

Calendar control with sytle sheets probem

Post by Ally Hu » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 19:58:49

I'm having problems using style sheets with the calendar
control.  I have no such problems with the DataGrid
control.

My .aspx file has the following code:

<asp:calendar id=startCalendar runat="server" Font-Size="Smaller">
<SelectedDayStyle CssClass="calSelectedDateStyle">
</SelectedDayStyle>
</asp:calendar>

This results in the following .html code being generated
by ASP.NET (as well of lots of other code obviously!)

    align="Center"
    style="color:White;background-color:Silver;width:14%;">

The selected day of the calender is rendered in the default
white text and silver background rather than with the details
in the style sheet.  I assume the 'style' element above is
overruling the style sheet.  If this is the case then how
can I get ASP.NET to stop putting this element in?  I've not
set anything to be these colors and I can't see anywhere
where they are set in Visual Studio.

The relevent section of the style sheet is:

.calSelectedDayStyle
{
    font-weight: bold;
    color: Yellow;
    background-color: Blue;

Quote:}

Any help would be appreciated.

Ally Hume
Holistyc Ltd

1. Calendar Web Control and Style Sheets

Using the Calendar Web Control on a web form with an
external style sheet for formatting seems problematic. The
web control renders HTML that uses inline style rules that
take precedence over the styles in an external style
sheet, for example:
ASPX file contains:
<asp:calendar id="DepartureDate" runat="server">
<SelectedDayStyle
CssClass="mySelectedDayStyle"></SelectedDayStyle>
</asp:calendar>

Referenced External Style Sheet file contains:
.mySelectedDayStyle
{
    color: yellow;
    background-color: royalblue;
The web control renders inline styles for color and
background-color so the styles set in the external style
sheet are ineffective. Is there a way to prevent the web
control from rendering these inline style rules?

2. win95 driver for vgm-390

3. Problems using style sheets with calendar control

4. Acad11 DOS runs with emm386?

5. How to Implement Style Sheets with MMIT(Not to use Style Sheet Control)

6. non-existent domain

7. Applying style sheets to Calendar links

8. Problems with Constructors

9. Microsoft must NOT use style sheets because asp:calendar is messed up EVERYWHERE

10. WPF Image Control probem - help needed

11. Month Calendar Control - keep today in first calendar dimension column

12. Continuing data on a newly added sheet in excel spread sheet using VB.NET 2005

13. Can you Customize Windows XP Sytle Buttons?