Problem setting breakpoints in files with duplicate names

Problem setting breakpoints in files with duplicate names

Post by Mark Weidne » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:08:32

It seems that when I set a breakpoint in a file, say index.aspx, which has
the same name as a file elsewhere in the project (i.e. /folderA/index.aspx &
/folderB/index.aspx), the breakpoints do not set correctly.  If I set a
breakpoint in the index.aspx in folderB, it appears to set, but during
execution, it will have actually set a breakpoint on the same line in
index.aspx in folderA.  Has anyone encountered this problem before or know
of a fix?  I'm running .NET framework 1.0.3705 with SP1 installed.

Thanks!

Mark Weidner

1. Set breakpoint in debug-mode but breakpoint appears in another file

Hi,

i have a webapplication (C#) and can almost debugging fine. But sometimes I
set a breakpoint it appeas in another file.
When I'm setting the same breakpoint in editmode it appears (red point) at
the right location (right file, right linenumber) but the debugger don't
stop here. Will I set the breakpoint while running in debug mode, the
breakpoint appears alway in another file but alway at the same linenumber of
the file it opened, but not at the same linenumber as the sourcefile where i
set the breakpoint!

Example:
File 1:

Line
1
2
3
4
5 Setting breakpoint (breakpoint appears here, red point in line number, but
only in design mode)

File 2:

Line
1
2
3 breakpoint appears here (but only when setting breakpoint in debugging
mode)
4
5

Debugging other files in the same project works fine!!

What's wrong with VisualStudio?

Thanks,
-Stefan

2. lotus notes reboot..(HELP!!!)

3. Duplicate name problem with resx files for subfolder

4. Writing IO Port

5. Breakpoints fail to function when 2 or more ASPX files in project have same name

6. Min-->Max

7. Duplicate page names can cause debugging problems

8. Benched 030

9. Breakpoint won't set in external js file.

10. Problem setting breakpoint when debugging DLL

11. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

12. How to set the program name for the file types dialog

13. XmlDataDocument: Duplicate element names