Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

Post by Baccari » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 05:01:15

Hi,

I have a question. Currently, I'm working with VS.NET
normally, no problem. When I installed .NET in my computer
(4 CDs), setup installed VS.NET, .NET Framework and
other 'update components', it's OK. My question is: what I
need to install in a new machine (NT4 / SP2 / IIS4) to run
only my aspx pages, and not VS.NET?

Any help is very appreciated.

Baccarin.

Post by Baccari » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 04:59:53

Hi,

I have a question. Currently, I'm working with VS.NET
normally, no problem. When I installed .NET in my computer
(4 CDs), setup installed VS.NET, .NET Framework and
other 'update components', it's OK. My question is: what I
need to install in a new machine (NT4 / SP2 / IIS4) to run
only my aspx pages, and not VS.NET?

Any help is very appreciated.

Baccarin.

Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

Post by Josh Flanaga » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 05:11:33

Just install the .NET SDK Framework (I believe its called Windows Components
on the VS CDs)

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a question. Currently, I'm working with VS.NET
> normally, no problem. When I installed .NET in my computer
> (4 CDs), setup installed VS.NET, .NET Framework and
> other 'update components', it's OK. My question is: what I
> need to install in a new machine (NT4 / SP2 / IIS4) to run
> only my aspx pages, and not VS.NET?

> Any help is very appreciated.

> Baccarin.

Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

Post by Rob Howar » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 05:13:03

You need to install only the SDK, a ~19mb install. The Beta 2 version can be
found at www.asp.net <- see 'install ASP.NET'.

Thanks
Rob

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a question. Currently, I'm working with VS.NET
> normally, no problem. When I installed .NET in my computer
> (4 CDs), setup installed VS.NET, .NET Framework and
> other 'update components', it's OK. My question is: what I
> need to install in a new machine (NT4 / SP2 / IIS4) to run
> only my aspx pages, and not VS.NET?

> Any help is very appreciated.

> Baccarin.

Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

Post by Baccari » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 21:34:34

Josh,

OK, I installed .NET SDK Framework (and all components of
Windows Update Components CD) but no changes in IIS4. When
I call .aspx pages using IE6 (same machine), I can't see
page result (fields, colors, etc..), instead of this, IE
shows the source code.

Any idea?

Baccarin.

Post by Baccari » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 21:41:44

Rob,

I installed it (and all components of Windows Update
Components CD) but no changes in IIS4 (I believe). I can't
see my page result (fields, colors, etc..) using IE6, it
shows the source code of my aspx pages.

Any idea?

Baccarin.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You need to install only the SDK, a ~19mb install. The

Beta 2 version can be
>found at www.asp.net <- see 'install ASP.NET'.

>Thanks
>Rob

>> Hi,

>> I have a question. Currently, I'm working with VS.NET
>> normally, no problem. When I installed .NET in my
computer
>> (4 CDs), setup installed VS.NET, .NET Framework and
>> other 'update components', it's OK. My question is:
what I
>> need to install in a new machine (NT4 / SP2 / IIS4) to
run
>> only my aspx pages, and not VS.NET?

>> Any help is very appreciated.

>> Baccarin.

>.

Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

Post by Bertrand Le Ro » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 21:43:25

ASP.NET is not supported on NT4

> Josh,

> OK, I installed .NET SDK Framework (and all components of
> Windows Update Components CD) but no changes in IIS4. When
> I call .aspx pages using IE6 (same machine), I can't see
> page result (fields, colors, etc..), instead of this, IE
> shows the source code.

> Any idea?

> Baccarin.

Post by Baccari » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 23:32:23

Rob,

The version that you pointed in www.asp.net can't run in
NT4, only Win2K and XP, and my Web Server is NT4.

Baccarin.

Post by Baccari » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 23:37:27

Bertrand,

Are you sure? If I to install VS.NET (not only .NET SDK
Framework), I won't to see aspx pages on NT4?

Baccarin.

Post by David Rothger » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:07:26

Quote:> Bertrand,

> Are you sure? If I to install VS.NET (not only .NET SDK
> Framework), I won't to see aspx pages on NT4?

You can only serve ASP.NET pages from IIS 5.0 or later. IIS 5.0 requires
(and comes with) Windows 2000; IIS 5.1 requires (and comes with) Windows XP
Pro; IIS 6.0 comes with Windows .NET Server (currently in beta).

--
Dave Rothgery

Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

Post by Bertrand Le Ro » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 02:09:23

yes. no.

> Bertrand,

> Are you sure? If I to install VS.NET (not only .NET SDK
> Framework), I won't to see aspx pages on NT4?

> Baccarin.

Post by Baccari » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 02:31:14

OK David and Bertrand,

Thanks.

Baccarin.

1. after instal of VS.NET cant run aspx files on local web server

Please Help!

Asp dot net applications will not run in my iis on win 2k pro.   Only the
html gets rendered.

I have installed and reinstalled Visual Studio.NET with the component cd.

I can create asp.net applications and run them on a remote IIS 5 server, but
I can not run them on my local IIS server.

I noticed that in my IIS configuration, .aspx files are not registered.
What do I need to do to configure my IIS to work other then install visual
studio . net including the .net framework sdk

It takes SEVERAL HOURS to install Visual Studio.net, so I do not want to go
through that again!

Thanks

Eric

2. Gigabit cable

3. Cant' run .aspx pages after VS.NET install

4. PPC asm question: lmw/stmw

5. Does a web server need the .Net framework installed in order to run ASP.Net aspx pages?

6. CT65545 on TP701C and Warp

7. Tell VS.NET not to generate z-index in aspx page

8. library problem

9. Using VS.NET to edit HTML pages found on Internet provider Web server

10. Why can not design layout of a stand-alone Aspx (not Code-Behind) in VS.NET?

11. VS2003: Cannot create new project - (error msg: web server is not running ASP.NET 1.1 ...)

12. Dubugging ASP.net using VS.net running SQL server locally.

13. Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1