Web References - True or False

Post by KJR » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:04:12

Web References ending with a < .asmx > file are the most
common.  True or False?
Ian King

Web References - True or False

Post by AP » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:19:24

Depends.  If your talking about referencing a .net Web
Service, then you point to the asmx file.  If you're
using an Apache, GLUE, ColdFusion web service, you'll
actually point to the WSDL file.  Ultimately it is the
service description which is what the Web Reference
points to.

-AP

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Web References ending with a < .asmx > file are the most
>common.  True or False?
>Ian King
>.

Web References - True or False

Post by Wade Mascia [M » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 06:17:15

Agreed.  For Web *References*, it's all about the wsdl.  Remember you can
query http://...theservice.asmx?WSDL and get the wsdl directly instead of
the test page.

~Wade Mascia, MCSD
    Developer Support Engineer - WebServices, EnterpriseServices, MTS,
COM+, ASP/COM
   ?Microsoft Corporation

And now, a word from our lawyers:  "This posting is provided 'AS IS' with
no warranties, and confers no rights."
--------------------

Quote:|  >-----Original Message-----
|  >Web References ending with a < .asmx > file are the most
|  >common.  True or False?
|  >Ian King
|  >.
|  >

Web References - True or False

Post by KJR » Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:57:56

Appreciated.
KJR

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Agreed.  For Web *References*, it's all about the wsdl.
Remember you can
>query http://...theservice.asmx?WSDL and get the wsdl

directly instead of
Quote:>the test page.

>~Wade Mascia, MCSD
>    Developer Support Engineer - WebServices,

EnterpriseServices, MTS,
Quote:>COM+, ASP/COM
>    Microsoft Corporation

>And now, a word from our lawyers:  "This posting is

provided 'AS IS' with
>no warranties, and confers no rights."
>--------------------

Quote:>|  Subject: Web References - True or False
>|  Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:19:24 -0700

Quote:>|  MIME-Version: 1.0

Quote:>|  Path: cpmsftngxa07
Quote:>|
>|  Depends.  If your talking about referencing a .net Web
>|  Service, then you point to the asmx file.  If you're
>|  using an Apache, GLUE, ColdFusion web service, you'll
>|  actually point to the WSDL file.  Ultimately it is the
>|  service description which is what the Web Reference
>|  points to.
>|
>|  -AP

1. Control.CanFocus=false altough Control.Visible=true and Control.Enabled=true - Why?

In my code, I want to set Focus to a control which is derived from TextBox
using Control.Focus(). However, Control.Focus() returns false and the focus
is not set. Using disassembly, I found out that Control.Focus() calls
Control.CanFocus() which returns false. CanFocus() calls
SafeNativeMethods::IsWindowVisible and SafeNativeMethods::IsWindowEnabled to
determine if the Focus can be set and returns False if either of these
methods return False. It seems that IsWindowVisible returns false, resulting
of the Focus not being set. Well, but the control IS visible on the screen,
and the Visible and Enabled properties are both set to true. Why is that
behaviour? What else could I do to ensure that my control can get the focus?

Thanks for any help

Urs

2. v14INF2: Index of previously-published binaries

3. dataset.haschanges=true, but changes to false

4. Yamaha 4416S and firmware...

5. Changing AllowDrop to true using drag & drop events for a panel whose AllowDrop is false

6. comp.lsi.cad Frequently Asked Questions With Answers (Part 1/2) [LONG]

7. How do I convert a true/false value on a datagrid into a checkbox?

8. Windows 98 SE

9. "Register for COM Interop" TRUE/FALSE

10. ddl's disappearing after panel.visible goes to false to true

11. How to format True/False into yes/no

12. DataGrid with AllowSorting=True and EnableViewState=False

13. Assemblies: True or False