Forms Authenication - Ability to store more data?

Forms Authenication - Ability to store more data?

Post by Ryan Greg » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:57:42

Is there any way possible using the forms authentication system to store
more data than just the username?  I'd like to be able to pull down some
information about the user's account, like maybe their unique id, last time
they visited the website, etc, and store it with their authentication
information so that I can access it quickly.  I know I could store it all in
a session variable, but then if the user is coming back in under a new
session, I have to have some logic involved in re-loading that data.  Is
this possible?  Or are there other solutions?

Ryan Gregg

Forms Authenication - Ability to store more data?

Post by Dave » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:23:33

We store the actual database user id in the user "name" property so we can
access it anytime.... we can then get all of the user's info. by reading
their database record (including last logon time which we store in their
record).

1. .Net forms authenication for HTM and other non-Net file types

I am trying to get a site setup to use ASP.NET forms authentication that
will also catch .htm and other non-.Net types of file extensions.
The MSDN documentation shows that the ASP.NET ISAPI extension only controls
access to resources that map to Aspnet_isapi.dll
Can anyone tell me how to get other file extensions to use .NET forms
authentication?

2. FS: Fastlane SCSI 2 controller

3. Forms Authenication

4. Can someone send me this file eng00004.psa

5. Can forms authenication be used for multiple web apps with a single login ?

6. trees and linked lists

7. Forms Authenication and Anonymous Users

8. do AI games exist ;-)

9. .Net forms authenication for HTM and other non-Net file types

10. Problem using asp.net forms authenication

11. Forms authenication - basic question

12. Forms Authenication with Active Directory

13. Problem Viewing Stored Procedure Parameters with Data Links or Data Env.