Problems trying to print to a printer that is not a local printer

Problems trying to print to a printer that is not a local printer

Post by Marlene A. Roma » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:04:47

Hello!  How's everybody???

I have a problem trying to print in a printer that is on
the network. When I print to a local printer using the
following sentences

 oRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName= "\\MyComputer\MarLexmark"
 oRpt.PrintToPrinter(1, True, 1, 1)

 it works perfect, but when I try to print to a printer
that is on the network using the same syntaxis

oRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "\\pc50794\Lexmark50794"

I received differents errors like  Invalid printer
specified and sometimes a weird one that says that the
request has been cancelled by a user action.  So the
question is... Does I have to give to the aspnet user any
special rights to print in a printer that is not
local?????  There is something that I need to change in the
register????  What is the problem????

I'll really appreciate any input.

Thank you in advance

Marlene A. Roman

1. Problems trying to print to a printer that is not a local printer

Hello!  How's everybody???

I have a problem trying to print in a printer that is on
the network. When I print to a local printer using the
following sentences

 oRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName= "\\MyComputer\MarLexmark"
 oRpt.PrintToPrinter(1, True, 1, 1)

 it works perfect, but when I try to print to a printer
that is on the network using the same syntaxis

oRpt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "\\pc50794\Lexmark50794",
I received differents errors like  Invalid printer
specified and sometimes a weird one that says that the
request has been cancelled by a user action.  So the
question is... Does I have to give to the aspnet user any
special rights to print in a printer that is not
local?????  There is something that I need to change in the
register????

Any input is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Marlene A. Roman

2. Linking a shareable image on OpenVMS Alpha with Oracle v7?

3. My Printer does not print the drawstring's

4. amiga

5. Problems Printing to a Secure Signature Printer

6. End of user area encountered on this track

7. Setzen Papierformaten am Drucker / Setting of Paperformats on Printer

8. Delirious?

9. U R G E N T : How to PRINT on custom size printers?

10. Trying to use bluetooth to connect to printer

11. The report generated in the web server is printed out on the network shared printer

12. Printing with printer font

13. How can I print directly to printer in VB.NET