Copy multiple controls?

Post by Guy » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:56:22

When I select multiple controls and do a copy and paste, it seems that only
the first control is copied. What am I doing wrong?

Copy multiple controls?

Post by Brian M. Schkerk » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 00:03:36

The second (and other, if any) controls are being copied but Visual Studio
drops them right on top of the original.  Deselect the controls you copied
and then grab the one that appears to not have copied and move it.  Wallah,
the "missing" control is there.

Try it.  It's annoying.  I only copy and paste one control at a time because
of it.

Brian M. Schkerke

Quote:> When I select multiple controls and do a copy and paste, it seems that
only
> the first control is copied. What am I doing wrong?

Copy multiple controls?

Post by Guy » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 04:14:45

Thanks; I see what you mean. Is this considered a bug or a feature? The
first copied control's position is offset to reveal the source control
underneath; however, the other copied controls are positioned right on top
of the source controls--making their existence completely unknown.

> The second (and other, if any) controls are being copied but Visual Studio
> drops them right on top of the original.  Deselect the controls you copied
> and then grab the one that appears to not have copied and move it.
Wallah,
> the "missing" control is there.

> Try it.  It's annoying.  I only copy and paste one control at a time
because
> of it.

> Brian M. Schkerke

> > When I select multiple controls and do a copy and paste, it seems that
> only
> > the first control is copied. What am I doing wrong?

Copy multiple controls?

Post by Brian Schker » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:34:51

I think anyone sane would agree that it's a bug.  If it was
intentionally designed that way *I* can think of much better ways to
handle it and I'm in no way, shape, or form a competent UI programmer.
:)

Brian M. Schkerke