EMail Link

Post by Jack Davi » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 01:23:50

I have a field in a database table that contains a persons e-mail address.
What I want to do is display the e-mail address in a datagrid and allow a
user to select it which in turn will start the e-mail program.

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Jack David

EMail Link

Post by Carl Howart » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 01:50:45

Set the column to a hyperlink column and set the text and the hyperlink
field to the field containing the address.

Quote:> I have a field in a database table that contains a persons e-mail address.
> What I want to do is display the e-mail address in a datagrid and allow a
> user to select it which in turn will start the e-mail program.

> Any suggestions??

> Thanks
> Jack David

EMail Link

Post by Jack Davi » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:52:59

I tried that...when I select the e-mail address the link acts as if it wants
to go to another page...then I get a message that the page cannot be found.

> Set the column to a hyperlink column and set the text and the hyperlink
> field to the field containing the address.

> > I have a field in a database table that contains a persons e-mail
address.
> > What I want to do is display the e-mail address in a datagrid and allow
> > user to select it which in turn will start the e-mail program.

> > Any suggestions??

> > Thanks
> > Jack David

EMail Link

Post by Steve Cochra » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 04:25:32

Make sure its a mailto hyperlink and not an http: one

steve

> I tried that...when I select the e-mail address the link acts as if it wants
> to go to another page...then I get a message that the page cannot be found.

> > Set the column to a hyperlink column and set the text and the hyperlink
> > field to the field containing the address.

> > > I have a field in a database table that contains a persons e-mail
> address.
> > > What I want to do is display the e-mail address in a datagrid and allow
> > > user to select it which in turn will start the e-mail program.

> > > Any suggestions??

> > > Thanks
> > > Jack David

1. Newbie: Automating an e-mail link to contain a link to an SQL record in ASP.NET

Hello

I am currently designing an internal ordering system for IT equipment.

I am designing it in ASP.NET (vb) using Visual Studio 2003 and using
Microsoft SQL Server

I have got the system to add the order into the database and assign it
a unique ID ("EITReqCode"), and made it e-mail the it purchaser via
SMTP automatically with a link to the "Authorisation" page where they
are to cost and authorise the IT request. What i want to be able to do
now, is add to that link the unique ID of the order just submitted so
when the purchaser opens the e-mail they will see the order which was
submitted relating to that specific email.

I am quite new to this and quite impressed with what i have achieved
single-handidly but now require some assistance.

Can anyone help me and advise me how to perform this function.

If you want to see some of my scripting already i will post it up.

Many thanks in advance.

James O'Neill
BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems Management

2. disk quota- can I save files to disk?

3. Adding a email link to a field on the datagrid???

4. vi shell escape

5. Name along with email link.

6. O2 to dials and Apple IIg serial cable supplier known..???

7. Adding a email link to a field on the datagrid???

8. HP 8200i burner

9. How to create DataGrid email link?

10. Email Link Again

11. e-mail link not starting new session

12. wrapping email addresses and URLs with HTML links

13. XSLT / ASP to exclude the current profile link from the list of related links?