dynamic uri's in webservices/proxies

Post by Trent Mifsu » Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:02:20

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to dynamically change
the uri's inside a web services proxy, without
recompiling? I have a the same web service sitting on many
machines and I want to connect to them all via the same
proxy. I want this list of web service locations to change
so obviously I don't want to hardcode, I'd prefer to leave
the uri's inside a table etc etc.

many thanks in advance

Trent Mifsud
Monash University

dynamic uri's in webservices/proxies

Post by Justin Roger » Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:55:39

After you make the proxy, you can set the myProxy.Url property.  In this
manner you can change which server it points towards.

--
Justin Rogers

Quote:> Hi all,

> I was wondering if there is a way to dynamically change
> the uri's inside a web services proxy, without
> recompiling? I have a the same web service sitting on many
> machines and I want to connect to them all via the same
> proxy. I want this list of web service locations to change
> so obviously I don't want to hardcode, I'd prefer to leave
> the uri's inside a table etc etc.

> many thanks in advance

> Trent Mifsud
> Monash University

1. Dynamic proxy generation for webservice in .NET Compact Framework

Hello again everyone,

I am looking for a way to either generate a dynamic proxy class for a web
service using the .NET Compact Framework (running on a Pocket PC) or to
invoke a web service directly without generating the proxy.  I am trying to
create a server application that would offer remoting capabilities to the
Macromedia Flash Player for Pocket PC 2002. The Flash Player would connect
via a socket to my application running on the Pocket PC and request a web
service to be invoked (by mentioning its URL and the methods it needs to
call + their parameters). From that point on, the .NET Compact Framework
app. would have to call that webservice, get the result and return it to the
Flash Player using the same socket.

Any clues here? I'm a bit desperate :) ... I just can't understand why did
they have to make it so complicated... Why did they have to use attributes
to set namespaces and stuff ... why not simple properties or methods? ...
I'm puzzled ...

Regards,
Razvan

--
Razvan Dragomirescu
Chief Technology Officer

2. about Ac-3 encoded streams

3. Dynamic webservice proxy creation

4. Looking for SNMP libraries...

5. Dynamic proxy generation for webservice in .NET Compact Framework

6. DOS

7. URI for remote servers behind a proxy

8. Cisco 753 ISDN Router

9. Proxy Class for WebService doesn't work if the WebConfig - cookieless=true?

10. Dynamic remote object uri

11. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

12. ATL, MFC and 'merge proxy/stub'

13. Business Analyst w/Health Ins Exp / Chicago, IL / 2 Years / LOCAL's Only