ACCESSing an ACESS Database.

Post by John Pric » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 22:24:16

Please help if you can..

I need to write a control that can be hosted by a web page to access an
ACCESS database on the client machine, but display the results in an ASP.NET
web page.

Specifying a drive and directory for the file looks on the server for that
file, not the client.

Any ideas would be most welcome...thank you;.

ACCESSing an ACESS Database.

Post by Patrick C. Cole ( » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:28:58

John,

Perhaps you could upload the client's .mdb and then modify/display the
contents?

ASP.NET was not designed for this type of request.  I can envision many
difficulties with this approach.  I would suggest looking into why this
needs to be done to determine a better method to get the results you need.

Patrick Cole
Microsoft Developer Support

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.