Email Link Again

Post by Jack Davi » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:56:51

I tried the suggestion below...when I click on the e-mail address the link
acts like it wants to go to another page...I get the message "Page not
found"????

Set the column to a hyperlink column and set the text and the hyperlink
field to the field containing the address.

Quote:> I have a field in a database table that contains a persons e-mail address.
> What I want to do is display the e-mail address in a datagrid and allow a
> user to select it which in turn will start the e-mail program.

> Any suggestions??

> Thanks
> Jack David

Email Link Again

Post by nevi » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 07:30:13

the format for a mail address should be in the format

the mailto: is very important otherwise our browser will try to open the
link as a page

> I tried the suggestion below...when I click on the e-mail address the link
> acts like it wants to go to another page...I get the message "Page not
> found"????

> Set the column to a hyperlink column and set the text and the hyperlink
> field to the field containing the address.

> > I have a field in a database table that contains a persons e-mail
address.
> > What I want to do is display the e-mail address in a datagrid and allow
> > user to select it which in turn will start the e-mail program.

> > Any suggestions??

> > Thanks
> > Jack David

1. Newbie: Automating an e-mail link to contain a link to an SQL record in ASP.NET

Hello

I am currently designing an internal ordering system for IT equipment.

I am designing it in ASP.NET (vb) using Visual Studio 2003 and using
Microsoft SQL Server

I have got the system to add the order into the database and assign it
a unique ID ("EITReqCode"), and made it e-mail the it purchaser via
SMTP automatically with a link to the "Authorisation" page where they
are to cost and authorise the IT request. What i want to be able to do
now, is add to that link the unique ID of the order just submitted so
when the purchaser opens the e-mail they will see the order which was
submitted relating to that specific email.

I am quite new to this and quite impressed with what i have achieved
single-handidly but now require some assistance.

Can anyone help me and advise me how to perform this function.

If you want to see some of my scripting already i will post it up.

Many thanks in advance.

James O'Neill
BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems Management

2. Epson Color Stylus

3. Linked Windows again

4. Extracting data from Oracle tables

5. authenticate again email using login control.

6. Interfacing IR app note finished

7. Adding a email link to a field on the datagrid???

8. optimization code (Conj. grad. and interior point)

9. Name along with email link.

10. Adding a email link to a field on the datagrid???

11. How to create DataGrid email link?

12. EMail Link

13. e-mail link not starting new session