Version Number. How to change them?

Post by george d lak » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:30:55

How can I change the Version number of my apps?
My dll version is 1.0.979.22109
and my web app is 1.0.979.24204
I want to change them to 2.1.0 or something like that.

thanks G.

Version Number. How to change them?

Post by Robert Loga » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:52:42

Version info is stored in the Assembly file.

Bob

Quote:> How can I change the Version number of my apps?

Post by Alan Pretr » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:45:06

Quote:> How can I change the Version number of my apps?

You can change them in your AssemblyInfo.cs file, assuming you're using VS.

-- Alan

Version Number. How to change them?

Post by John Alexio » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 05:31:12

Hi,
  is there a way to access this version information at runtime without
having to declare a global variable string that assigns the version in
assemblyinfo? I want my about box to show the correct version # even with
the autogenerated numbers such as "1.0.*"
John Alexiou

> Version info is stored in the Assembly file.

> Bob

> > How can I change the Version number of my apps?
> > My dll version is 1.0.979.22109
> > and my web app is 1.0.979.24204
> > I want to change them to 2.1.0 or something like that.

> > thanks G.

Version Number. How to change them?

Post by David William » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:26:46

You can get this information from the System.Reflection.AssemblyName.Version
property.

HTH

David

> Hi,
>   is there a way to access this version information at runtime without
> having to declare a global variable string that assigns the version in
> assemblyinfo? I want my about box to show the correct version # even with
> the autogenerated numbers such as "1.0.*"
> John Alexiou

> > Version info is stored in the Assembly file.

> > Bob

> > > How can I change the Version number of my apps?
> > > My dll version is 1.0.979.22109
> > > and my web app is 1.0.979.24204
> > > I want to change them to 2.1.0 or something like that.

> > > thanks G.

1. How to change the version number of a product developed in C#.Net?

Hi,

I wanted to change the version number of my application developed in
C#.Net but i have some confusion regarding the version number of the
setup file and the version number mentioned in AssemblyInfo.cs file.
Also how the upgrade works? Whether the user is prompted if a higher
version is installed on the machine with older version or not?
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks and Regards,
Ambed

2. NEXT PILOT SPECIFICATIONS

3. Changing version numbers

4. Problems with dynamic allocation

5. How do I (programmatically) locate a specific Version from a known version number?

6. Form Submission

7. Another Version Number Display Problem...

8. routing UB-XNS through cisco

9. Version information (not just number) into interop assemblies

10. Version number of the .net framework?

11. Displaying Version Numbers

12. Assignment of automatic version numbers

13. Naming Projects by Product Version Number?