ASP.NET and JScript.NET docs

Post by Alexander Alexee » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:39:57

Hi all,

Is there anywhere I can download documentation / tutorials for offline
reading? All the examples I found on asp.net and other sites were online and
required internet access. I was wondering if there was something like a .CHM
file with ASP.NET reference which I could download once and read while not
connected.

Thanks for any pointers.
Alex A
_______________________________
Alexander V. Alexeev
http://jimmy.qmuc.ac.uk/usr/ci97alex1/

ASP.NET and JScript.NET docs

Post by Mike Paris » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:07:07

Try Subscribing to the site... Its a property in IExplorer that allows you
to set up download schedules so that you can read it off line... you can
even set the depth

Quote:> Hi all,

> Is there anywhere I can download documentation / tutorials for offline
> reading? All the examples I found on asp.net and other sites were online
and
> required internet access. I was wondering if there was something like a
.CHM
> file with ASP.NET reference which I could download once and read while not
> connected.

> Thanks for any pointers.
> Alex A
> _______________________________
> Alexander V. Alexeev
> http://jimmy.qmuc.ac.uk/usr/ci97alex1/

1. freeware IDE for jscript.net & asp.net - editdotnet 0.1a

I'm posting a little freeware IDE I've built specifically for jscript.net
(as well as aspx, but it can be used for writing non-asp apps).  It's not a
whole heck of a lot, but it's small and fast and does all of these things:

- syntax highlighting for most anything (html, xml, vb, jscript, c# (kind
of), css, etc.)
- project based
- compile jscript, vbscript and c# from the IDE
- built in web-browser for asp.net debugging
- jscript code explorer(!!)
- auto-commenter
- xml based project files

I'd like to stress that I wrote this fairly quickly (two days), so it's not
so polished but is very usable (I think anyways).

You can download it at:

http://www.interfacelab.com/editdotnet/editdotnet_052022.zip

You can contact me at the address given in the text file in the zip.

This all being said, I'm a little discouraged at the lack of support
jscript.net gets from Microsoft's tools over the other languages, C# and VB
(the tools, not the team - I think Peter Torr is a godsend).  Can we please
have events, delegates, structs, operator overloading, overloading by result
type?  Jscript has the capability of being _the_ language for asp.net if we
could get it on par CLI support-wise.  Being able to move between scripting
the browser and writing the web app, why would you want to use different
languages if you didn't have to?

editdotnet was written in Borland Delphi 6.0.  Rock on.

jon gilkison
//interfacelab.com

2. can't open attachments

3. JScript.net in VB.net source

4. LOV Bug in Motif SQL*Forms 3.0

5. Jscript.net has a eval method.Is there a similar funcion in VB.net?

6. FS:4091 SCSI 2 Zorro 3 controller

7. Incorporating JScript.NET Scripting Abilities into a .NET application.

8. ADOCE

9. VS2008 JScript.NET support...?

10. JScript.NET not working

11. Where are the JScript.NET Example Source Codes????

12. Source Code for Running JScript.NET Code from C# Apps

13. Creating Word doc or other office docs on the fly (VB.NET)