ASP.NET State Server Mode, English Edition Update Breaks ASP and ASP.NET?

ASP.NET State Server Mode, English Edition Update Breaks ASP and ASP.NET?

Post by David McCarte » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:58:03

On Friday, I installed the "ASP.NET State Server Mode, English Edition"
update from the Microsoft Critical Notifier". Since then, I can't get
debugging to work in ASP or ASP.NET and I can't get ASP.NET application to
work at all! I have not been able to work around it yet. If you know of a
fix, please let me know.

David McCarter

ASP.NET State Server Mode, English Edition Update Breaks ASP and ASP.NET?

Post by Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:13:11

Was it Q322289?  If so, it has caused some ASP.NET services to fail. Here's a
recent
post from an MS support person about what to do:

"We have seen an ASP.NET issue coming up here in the newsgroup and within
Microsoft resulting from the installation of the update explained in
Q322289. To be specific we see that ASP.Net pages will not serve directly
after the patch has been installed.

Most of the issues have been resolved by simply reinstalling but, here are
the basic steps that we suggest you try. As we receive more information we
will post a Q-Article.

1)       If possible uninstall the patch from add/remove programs
2)       Reboot
3)       Re-apply the patch
4)       Reboot

If you do not have an entry in the add/remove programs then:
1)       Reboot
2)       Re-apply the patch
3)       Reboot

On Friday, I installed the "ASP.NET State Server Mode, English Edition"
update from the Microsoft Critical Notifier". Since then, I can't get
debugging to work in ASP or ASP.NET and I can't get ASP.NET application to
work at all! I have not been able to work around it yet. If you know of a
fix, please let me know.

David McCarter

ASP.NET State Server Mode, English Edition Update Breaks ASP and ASP.NET?

Post by David McCarte » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 01:43:47

Thanks! That worked great.

David

> Was it Q322289?  If so, it has caused some ASP.NET services to fail.
Here's a
> recent
> post from an MS support person about what to do:

> "We have seen an ASP.NET issue coming up here in the newsgroup and within
> Microsoft resulting from the installation of the update explained in
> Q322289. To be specific we see that ASP.Net pages will not serve directly
> after the patch has been installed.

> Most of the issues have been resolved by simply reinstalling but, here are
> the basic steps that we suggest you try. As we receive more information we
> will post a Q-Article.

> 1)       If possible uninstall the patch from add/remove programs
> 2)       Reboot
> 3)       Re-apply the patch
> 4)       Reboot

> If you do not have an entry in the add/remove programs then:
> 1)       Reboot
> 2)       Re-apply the patch
> 3)       Reboot

> On Friday, I installed the "ASP.NET State Server Mode, English Edition"
> update from the Microsoft Critical Notifier". Since then, I can't get
> debugging to work in ASP or ASP.NET and I can't get ASP.NET application to
> work at all! I have not been able to work around it yet. If you know of a
> fix, please let me know.

> David McCarter

1. ASP.NET State Server mode and aspnet_estate.exe

ASP.NET Settings Schema section of MSDN documentation
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpge...
tml/gngrfsessionstatesection.asp)
says:

"To use StateServer mode:
Make sure ASP.NET state service is running on the remote server that will
store session state information. This service is installed with ASP.NET
Premium edition and is located by default at <Drive>:\Program
Files\ASP.NET\Premium\version\aspnet_estate.exe. "

I have Visual Studio.NET Enterprise Architect and W2000 Server.
However, I do not have <Drive>:\Program
Files\ASP.NET\Premium\version\aspnet_estate.exe path.

Where can I get "ASP.NET Premium edition" to have the aspnet_estate.exe
application installed as described above?
In other words, how can I use the State Server?

Regards
Grzegorz

2. Internet Connection Sharing with 2000 SP2 and NT 4.0 SP5

3. Making an ASP.NET WebForms page resizeable and/or breaking lines in pageLayout=FlowLayout mode

4. grounding the cable (was 100m too long?)

5. Out-of-process Session State is not available in this edition of ASP.NET.

6. Filling in "holes" in TeX fonts

7. MSN USENET

8. Error in Debuging ASP.NET(Server dosn't support debugging of ASP.NET ...)

9. NEW TO ASP.NET can't I run regular ASP code on ASP.net?

10. ASP vs. ASP.NET Speed: Is ASP.NET Slower?

11. Update from 6/6 breaks ASP.net?