Huge Form, Huge Headache (small classic question)

Huge Form, Huge Headache (small classic question)

Post by bell » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:28:09

(classic asp) I've got a huge form to code, I need to pass like more than a
1000 requests,
so instead of writing all of that, is there a way in asp to create a loop to
catch all of the server variables from the query string? cause right now I
have to code...

blah=request("blah")
a thousand times
and
 <input type="hidden" name="blah" value="<%=blah%>">

a thousand times

any suggestions, thanks in advance?

Huge Form, Huge Headache (small classic question)

Post by Beginne » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:36:05

I thought there's a for each statement, but the result will not neccessary
in the order you prefer.

The real solution?  There shouldn't be a thousand items on a single form ^_^

Quote:> (classic asp) I've got a huge form to code, I need to pass like more than
> 1000 requests,
> so instead of writing all of that, is there a way in asp to create a loop
> catch all of the server variables from the query string? cause right now I
> have to code...

> blah=request("blah")
> a thousand times
> and
>  <input type="hidden" name="blah" value="<%=blah%>">

> a thousand times

> any suggestions, thanks in advance?

Huge Form, Huge Headache (small classic question)

Post by Roge » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:51:59

Never tried this with dot net but in classic asp you could write a For- next
loop in VB Script and request each one in turn - depends on how you named
the form items of course.

Can see any reasons why this would not work in .net

Roger

Quote:> (classic asp) I've got a huge form to code, I need to pass like more than
> 1000 requests,
> so instead of writing all of that, is there a way in asp to create a loop
> catch all of the server variables from the query string? cause right now I
> have to code...

> blah=request("blah")
> a thousand times
> and
>  <input type="hidden" name="blah" value="<%=blah%>">

> a thousand times

> any suggestions, thanks in advance?

1. Huge EXE file when translating forms???

Hi sirs

My company are about to release a c# Windows Forms application to our
customers. The application is intended to be run in 6 countries - so the
app. needs to get localized. With the default language the app.'s size is
150 Kb but when I added another language to the forms the size explodes to 1
MB. Anybody knows if this is a bug????

regards Morten

2. Stored procedure from Pro*C

3. huge unsolved datagrid/dropdownlist question

4. A problem with connection SMTP !!!!!!!!! Help me!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ListBox - huge problems with multi SelectModes

6. excel ftp library (and investment tracking)?

7. Huge problem with performance of remoting service hosted by IIS

8. DISREGARD MY "Is BART down" message, I'm all set!

9. HUGE problem with .NET and COM

10. huge problem

11. huge painting problem!!!!!

12. problems with huge class and too many variables

13. What is up with the huge vtables and protected virtual methods?