how to determine control design mode?

Post by Stu » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:54:19

How do can you programatically display the control one way during
design-time and another during execution. I noticed a DesignMode property in
the documentation but it's not showing using Intellisense. Any ideas how to
programatically determine if you're in design-more?

Stu

how to determine control design mode?

Post by Victor Garcia Apre » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:11:59

Hi Stu,

Quote:> How do can you programatically display the control one way during
> design-time and another during execution.

you need to implement a designer for your control, take a look at
ControlDesigner and related classes in the docs,

Quote:> Any ideas how to programatically determine if you're in design-more?

if(Context==null)
    // design-mode

HTH,
-Victor.

and not by private mail.

Quote:> How do can you programatically display the control one way during
> design-time and another during execution. I noticed a DesignMode property
in
> the documentation but it's not showing using Intellisense. Any ideas how
> programatically determine if you're in design-more?

> Stu

1. Switching from design mode to html mode changes HTML

I have handed coded some HTML to display what I wanted.

Then I click on design to see it and make new entries to the page.

When I click back to HTML mode my hand coded HTML is converted and worse it
is converted to code that is not valid:

I had a <tr align="center" ><td style="FONT-SIZE: 30px...

The IDE changes it to: <tr align="middle"> and gives me an error message the
the 'middle' is not a valid value.

Is this a known bug or is their something I need to do to preserve my had
written code?

2. Win 95 Using another TCPIP than Microsoft one ???

3. design mode vs flow mode?

4. HELP information on TI C40

5. Determine if custom control is in design time?

6. ericsson sh888 and S5

7. Controls not displayed on ASP.Net page in design mode

8. Introduction to comp.editors (Mar 29 1993)

9. Bug in VS.NET - going from design mode to code behind introduces double inherited controls

10. How to add item to DataBindings list for controls in design mode

11. Unable to view Custom Control in Design Mode

12. How to contain ActiveX controls in design mode

13. how to put .NET form controls into design mode.