MessageName attribute on WebMethod

Post by Doug Swanso » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:04:04

I have a webmethod defined as follows
<WebMethod(Description:="Get Capable to promise Date",
MessageName:="GetPromiseDate")> _
Public Function GetCapabletoPromiseDate(ByVal sSiteID As String, ByVal
sItemNbr As String, ByVal nReqQty As Double, ByVal dtReqDate As DateTime) As
String
    etc..
The reason for this is that I have another webmethod with the same name so I
added the MessageName attribute.  Everything works fine from a .NET client
but if I try and call this from a VB6 SOAP client it tells me that the
"object does not support this property or method"....

VB6 code
dim oclient as soapclient
Set oclient = New SoapClient30
oclient .mssoapinit http://localhost/myapp/webservice/myappservice.asmx?wsdl
dim sreturn as string
sreturn = oclient.GetPromiseDate(arg....)

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

thanks
Doug

--
Doug Swanson
Senior Applications Developer

MessageName attribute on WebMethod

Post by Damien Foggo » Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:14:03

It's been a while since I used the SOAP Toolkit but should you have the
?wsdl on the mssoapinit call?

Quote:> I have a webmethod defined as follows