FormsAuthentication and roles

Post by SoTT » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:54:26

Anybody having an example that deals with
FormsAuthentication and roles stored in a database?

Thx for you help

1. Does Formsauthentication support role base security?

I have two folders, "Admin" and "User".  In web.config, i set one "location"
tag for each folders and specify the corresponding roles for each tag.  Now
the problem is when i use Formsauthentication.RedirectFormLoginPage, I can't
assign role to the user.  I implement gobal.asx 's AuthenticateRequest event
that assign the generic priciple to the current thread to slove this issue.
I would like to know is there any better solution?

2. Configuring DNS Setting on AD

3. Limit on number of roles in a role-based implementation??

4. Novell Netware Duplexing/HP NetServer

5. Direct client role: Microstrategy Developer role in Boston, MA

6. DFS

7. req : It is more of a programmer/develope r role vs. business analyst role

8. How to prevent thes messages

9. Limit on number of roles in a role-based implementation??

10. Can I customize FormsAuthentication to use NO cookie at all?

11. How do I implement FormsAuthentication based on a database?

12. HELP: FormsAuthentication Cookie with multiple domains

13. FormsAuthentication Problem