how can i get the data schema from database by using VB.NET

how can i get the data schema from database by using VB.NET

Post by JohnH » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:02:07

Dear Sirs,
i would like to get the data schema from database to build my own command
builder.
where can i get relative documents?

thanks in advance
john hu

how can i get the data schema from database by using VB.NET

Post by Anatol » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:56:31

Check out Sql/Oledb DataAdapter.FillSchema method

Quote:> Dear Sirs,
> i would like to get the data schema from database to build my own command
> builder.
> where can i get relative documents?

> thanks in advance
> john hu

how can i get the data schema from database by using VB.NET

Post by Mitch Denn » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:24:28

Hiya,

In addition to calling FillSchema at runtime (slight perf-hit)
you can also make use of strongly-typed data-sets to generate
the schema building code for you. If you click the "Show All Files"
icon in the Solution Explorer in VS.NET it will give you access
to the code which you can then rip-off and customize.

- Mitch Denny

- http://www.monash.net
- +61 (414) 610-141
-

> Check out Sql/Oledb DataAdapter.FillSchema method

> > Dear Sirs,
> > i would like to get the data schema from database to build my own
command
> > builder.
> > where can i get relative documents?

> > thanks in advance
> > john hu

how can i get the data schema from database by using VB.NET

Post by John H » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:04:06

Dear Sirs,
FillSchema can fill data schema from database to dataset, but the schema
in XML of dataset has been already transformed to .NET datatype, not the
database data type.
what do i want is the database's datatype.

Thanks

John Hu