File Uploading

Post by Chris Grave » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:36:22

Ive heard that uploading files is much easier in ASP.NET, than in ASP.  I am
not sure how it works though.  Is there some webform that does it for you,
or what?  If anyone share some bits of code to show how to do file
uploading, it would be very helpful.  Thanks for your time.

Chris

File Uploading

Post by Ed Courtena » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:37:14

The HttpRequest object that you get in your ASP.NET code (Request) contains
files that have been uploaded.

Check out the HttpFileCollection documentation for more information.

For an example, the number of uploaded files could be retrieved as:

<code status="from memory!">

    int filesUploaded = Request.Files.Count;

</code>

Quote:> Ive heard that uploading files is much easier in ASP.NET, than in ASP.  I
am
> not sure how it works though.  Is there some webform that does it for you,
> or what?  If anyone share some bits of code to show how to do file
> uploading, it would be very helpful.  Thanks for your time.

> Chris

File Uploading

Post by Senthilkuma » Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:40:29

u can get the sample at,
url=/library/en-
us/cpgenref/html/cpconhtmlinputfilecontrol.asp

Thanks.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----