Adding a new row to a databound DataList

Adding a new row to a databound DataList

Post by Michael McDowel » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:21:51

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me to some documentation covering
the adding of a new row to a databound datalist web control.

(Idealy the example will demonstrate how to add a new empty row with an
editable text control in it.)

TA in advance,
michael McDowell

Ps Editing and deleting rows presents no problem just adding a new one.

Adding a new row to a databound DataList

Post by news.microsoft.co » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:45:55

In case anyone is interested:

I added a new row to the data source before binding it to the control as
there is no addrow method belonging to the DataList WebControl.

Michael

Quote:> Hi all,

> I'm hoping someone might be able to point me to some documentation
covering
> the adding of a new row to a databound datalist web control.

> (Idealy the example will demonstrate how to add a new empty row with an
> editable text control in it.)

> TA in advance,
> michael McDowell

> Ps Editing and deleting rows presents no problem just adding a new one.

1. Add a row in a datagrid programatically or otherwise to use for adding new row

I have used datagrid to edit , delete, list on the same
grid. Edit gets the values on the textbox/ drop down
controls then i can update or cancel it.

My problem is i want to allow add record also in the same
grid which i do not know how to do. What i want is when i
click on Add a new row should get added and i should be
able to enter a new records and on clicking save (which
will come in place of Add) the record will be inserted
into the table (SQL table)

Please tell me if this is possible. Also as on clicking
Edit we see Update and Cancel, i want Save Cancel buttons
when Add is clicked.

Please help

Sapna

2. The Central Dogma of Computer Science?

3. Adding rows with databound datagrid and the binding going funny

4. is .NET remoting suitable for my distributed systems assignment?

5. Can't add new row to dataset after deleting a row

6. LISP & Smalltalk

7. Olivetti M10/RS 100 software?

8. how to add a new row to each row in gridview

9. Can't add new row to dataset after deleting a row

10. Add a new row as the first row

11. add new row above datagrid column header row?

12. how to update existing row if user 'Adds' new row