Asp.Net Web Application project

Post by jim » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:59:34

Xp Pro, Vs.Net,Updates installed yesterday,Lockdown installed today.

I am a newbie using .Net for the first time, i am trying to start an
Asp.Net Web Application project. I get an error for which i cant find
any information on.

I get a window stating "Creating the web
http://localhost/WebApplication1"

Then this error message

The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but
the project folder at "http://localhost/WebApplication1" cannot be
opened with the path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1"

The error returned was:
Unable to create web project "WebApplication1" The file path
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1 does not correspond to the url
http://localhost/WebApplication1. The two need to map to the same
server location.The operation timed out.

 ?

Thanks
 Jim

Asp.Net Web Application project

Post by Eric Nichol » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:32:10

Looks like you need to either set your project to use Frontpage
extentions, or you need to share the wwwroot.

--Eric

> Xp Pro, Vs.Net,Updates installed yesterday,Lockdown installed today.

> I am a newbie using .Net for the first time, i am trying to start an
> Asp.Net Web Application project. I get an error for which i cant find
> any information on.

> I get a window stating "Creating the web
> http://localhost/WebApplication1"

> Then this error message

> The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but
> the project folder at "http://localhost/WebApplication1" cannot be
> opened with the path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1"

> The error returned was:
> Unable to create web project "WebApplication1" The file path
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1 does not correspond to the url
> http://localhost/WebApplication1. The two need to map to the same
> server location.The operation timed out.

>  ?

> Thanks
>  Jim

Asp.Net Web Application project

Post by jim » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:26:07

On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:32:10 -0400, Eric Nichols

> or you need to share the wwwroot.

Ok...How do you do that? ;-)

Post by Eric Nichol » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 04:42:24

> On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:32:10 -0400, Eric Nichols

>>or you need to share the wwwroot.

> Ok...How do you do that? ;-)

Right click the folder and look at the sharing options. Just share it as
"wwwroot$" and web share it as "/" then you should be set.

--Eric

Asp.Net Web Application project

Post by jim » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 05:54:05

On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:42:24 -0400, Eric Nichols

>> On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:32:10 -0400, Eric Nichols

>>>or you need to share the wwwroot.

>> Ok...How do you do that? ;-)

>Right click the folder and look at the sharing options. Just share it as
>"wwwroot$" and web share it as "/" then you should be set.

No good Eric :-(
Quote:>--Eric

1. Can't Use the ASP.Net Web Application project template! HELP!

When I try creating an ASP.Net Web application project I get the following
Error:

"The default web access mode for this project is set to file share but the
project folder at "http//localhost/webApplication1" cannot be opened with the
path
          " \\USER1\wwwroot$\webApplication1"
The Error returned was:
           Unable to create web project 'WebApplication1'.  The UNC share
             " \\USER1\wwwroot$\webApplication1" does not exist or you do not
have            access.

It gives me the option to enter another path instead of
 "\ \USER1\wwwroot$\webApplication1"

I am a beginner and I have no clue as to what is going on here. Can someone
step me through creating an ASP.NET Aplication Project - in Layman's terms?

Thanx,
Sarah

2. How to write the select query on self referencing table.

3. Differnce Web Site Project And Web Application project

4. Using PXE to Install Windows 2000 Server

5. Announcing the Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix Project -- A New Free ASP.NET Web Development Tool

6. Apple 2 adventures

7. internal compiler error when changing namespace in ASP.NET web application project

8. Why does WHICH.BTM not work anymore with 4DOS 5.5 ?

9. Get command not available on files in ASP.NET VB Web Application project

10. Erreur 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error' on oppening project ASP.NET Web Application

11. How do I add web application shortcut to ASP.NET Deployment Project?

12. Building ASP.NET application resets web project... ?

13. ASP.NET web application project creation Error