ASP.net access database connection using vb.net IDE

ASP.net access database connection using vb.net IDE

Post by Popaba » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:05:35

If someone could be patient enought to explain this to me I'd be most
grateful...

Using the Visual Studio IDE (Visual Basic.NET) and drag an
oleDbDataAdapter onto the WebForm, go through the steps in the wizard,
all is fine. This creates oleDbConnection1.

Now, right-click oleDbDataAdapter1 and 'create dataset', dataset11 is
now created.

Next, add a datagrid, select the datasource to dataset11.

Hit F5 and....
Compiler Error Message: BC30451: Name 'dataSet11' is not declared.

Now, am I going about this the wrong way or is there a chunk of code I
need to add manually?

Many thanks,
Popabawa

ASP.net access database connection using vb.net IDE

Post by Gregory A. Beame » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:28:02

Save the webform before trying to work with the objects programatically.
This works in most instances. In most cases, it should be DataSet1 instead
of DataSet11. Check that too!

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:> If someone could be patient enought to explain this to me I'd be most