JScript, either I'm doing something wrong, or it's not doing it's job

JScript, either I'm doing something wrong, or it's not doing it's job

Post by Jason Dille » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 06:37:38

I'm trying to get a value from an HTML text input field declared as follows:
<FORM ID="aForm" runat="server">
<input id=txtObjectID type=text runat="server">
</FORM>

The server sets the control's .value property when the page is loaded, this
works, I can see the value.  I have an image that has it's OnClick() set to call
the following function:

Function ShowDialog(){
    var SendObjectID;
    SendObjectID=aForm.txtObjectID.Value;
    //other stuff

Quote:}

The problem is, I can see a value in the textbox, the function recognizes it as a
valid input field, but the value property is ALWAYS 'Undefined'.  What am I doing
wrong!!??!

Anyone who answers will have my eternal gratitude!

JScript, either I'm doing something wrong, or it's not doing it's job

Post by Yannick Smit » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:14:27

Is the ShowDialog function server side Jscript or clientside?

Yannick Smits

I'm trying to get a value from an HTML text input field declared as follows:
<FORM ID="aForm" runat="server">
<input id=txtObjectID type=text runat="server">
</FORM>

The server sets the control's .value property when the page is loaded, this
works, I can see the value.  I have an image that has it's OnClick() set to
call
the following function:

Function ShowDialog(){
    var SendObjectID;
    SendObjectID=aForm.txtObjectID.Value;
    file://other stuff

Quote:}

The problem is, I can see a value in the textbox, the function recognizes it
as a
valid input field, but the value property is ALWAYS 'Undefined'.  What am I
doing
wrong!!??!

Anyone who answers will have my eternal gratitude!

JScript, either I'm doing something wrong, or it's not doing it's job

Post by Jason Dille » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:59:41

It's client side.  Actually, I found the problem and I'm a little embarrased to admit that it was cause by the uppercase 'V' on Value.  I forgot that JScript is case sensitive (doh!).  Thanks anyway.

1. DropDownDataList and databinding (I've got to be doing something stupid)

I have a ddl in a datagrid control.  In the datagrid's Load even, I'm
getting the list of values from the database, caching them, and then binding
the ddl to the resulting dataview.

When I look at the items.count property of the ddl, the list has the proper
number of items, and when I manually print out the values, they are set
correctly, but when the ddl is rendered, there aren't any values in its
list!  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!  I've set the datatextfield
and datavaluefield both in code and in the designer, but haven't had any
success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

Here's the code that's actually setting the list on the ddl:
oControl = CType(grdVehicleInfo.Items(0).FindControl("comFuelType"),
DropDownList)

oControl.DataSource = GetCacheView("dvFuelType", "sp_VIGetLookup " &
SECTIONFUELTYPE)

oControl.DataBind()

2. CMEX link error: mexFunction : export undefined

3. I don't know what I'm doing with Crystal

4. Pre-processing PostScript on the mac.

5. I'm changing but vs.net is not doing it

6. intralink 3.0

7. The values permitted for this attribute do not include 'jscript.encode'.

8. DOITF030

9. JScript runtime error: 'undefined' is null or not an object

10. System.InvalidCastException: Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid

11. Procedure 'ProcName' expects parameter '@Original_id', which was not supplied

12. System.InvalidCastException: Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid

13. Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid