Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.form from assembly System.Web

Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.form from assembly System.Web

Post by Jason Guthri » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:58:49

I took a basic page from my portal site that was an ascx module, stripped
out most of the code so that the page simply displays some boxes for form
entry along with a button.  Portal automatically inserts the <asp:form> tag
on every page so I had to add my own here.  When the page loads, I get the
following error "Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.form from
assembly System.Web".  I get this error regardless of where I run the
Form.aspx file from on my server.

 <asp:form id="form1" runat="server" method="POST">
  <asp:textbox id="txtName" runat="server" />
  <asp:textbox id="txtEmail" runat="server" />
  <asp:textbox id="txtMessage" TextMode="MultiLine" Columns="40" Rows="10"
runat="server" />
  <asp:button runat="server" id="btnSend" Text="SEND"
OnClick="btnSend_Click" />
 </asp:form>

PS, I added all those namespaces because I never know which ones I am
supposed to use.  For simple form submissions, my books often show no
namespaces being used at all.

TIA for any pointers.