Connect to database

Post by Fabric » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:17:23

Hi
I have an Access database on the server of my internet provider.
How can I manipulate the database?
I seem only able to make a connection to a database on the localhost.

I need a connection to the database on my own website

Connect to database

Post by Eric Nichol » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:37:50

I'm not sure I would reccomend using access over the internet, but what
you probably want to do is create a system DSN ODBC connection to the
access db and then use that in your code.

--Eric

> Hi
> I have an Access database on the server of my internet provider.
> How can I manipulate the database?
> I seem only able to make a connection to a database on the localhost.

> I need a connection to the database on my own website

1. Unable to connect to database server(Creating Database)

i just install MS ASP.NET Matrix n MSDE. when i try to
create a new database by clicking on new
connection->create a new database. after entering
"authentication" in Enter Information dialog box n
press enter, i get an error message
---
Unable to connect to database server
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
ConnectionOpen(Connect()).
---

please help. my ASP.NET Matric and MSDE installed with
no problem. The msde service is running where i can
see its icon on the right corner tray bar.

thank you.

regards
yccheok

2. CLID

3. Problem with VS.net 7.0 connecting to database

4. "Stand by" functinos as "Restart", please help!

5. Cannot connect add database from within VC++ or VB

6. Quicktime question!

7. Tools|Connect to Database not working.

8. Power Objects Question: How to hide the value in a text field?

9. can't connect MSDE database that comes with VS.NET

10. Problem in Connecting oracle database via web servise.

11. How to connect to database

12. Can not connect to database

13. Arrrrgghhhhhh!!!! Can't connect to database