COM Object Not created ...Access Denied

Post by Vino » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:18:19

I have a

-COM Object
-ASP.NET web application

I am trying to create the COM Object thru ASP.NET page...I am getting Cannot
create Object ....Access Denied...If I add ASPNET user in Administrators
group on the machine then it works fine...when I remove ASPNET user from
Administrators it doest work Access Denied....How can I create the COM
Object ??

Any clues

COM Object Not created ...Access Denied

Post by RM » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:01:30

I'd look at your Dconcnfg.exe permissions.  Click the default security tab,
then edit default access permissions. Make sure ASPNET is allowed access.
Do the same for default launch permissions. Rich M...

Quote:> I have a

> -COM Object
> -ASP.NET web application

> I am trying to create the COM Object thru ASP.NET page...I am getting
Cannot
> create Object ....Access Denied...If I add ASPNET user in Administrators
> group on the machine then it works fine...when I remove ASPNET user from
> Administrators it doest work Access Denied....How can I create the COM
> Object ??

> Any clues

1. Access denied when accessing remote object which uses a COM object

Help!
I have created a remoting object which accesses an out-of-process COM which
in turn accesses local files. But when I tried to use that remoting object,
I get
an "access denied" exception. I've already made the necessary authentication
settings on the server side but to no avail. Strange thing though, is that
sometimes
it works and sometimes it doesn't. By the way, the OS I'm using on the
server side
is W2k Professional Server(Maybe it has something to do with it, because I
tried using
W2k Professional and it worked perfectly fine.).

Help is very much appreciated. Thanks ..

Roldan Toribio

2. SCSI CD firmware Question

3. Creating COM object in web service: Access is denied

4. help needed in table and figure caption

5. Access Denied when COM object created. Please Help!

6. Hotmail question

7. COM Object Access Denied Error

8. Font/Text Size Changed In FP98

9. Access Denied message when calling a COM object from a WEB Service

10. Access Denied error when creating Excel object

11. Access denied when create an object

12. create excel-object - problem, access denied...

13. Access Denied using COM object in ASP.NET