How to call a server side-script when user clicks client-side menuitem ?

How to call a server side-script when user clicks client-side menuitem ?

Post by Hakan Ozma » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 06:24:39

I have a menu designed with XML,XLS and client-side Java script like
Microsoft Web site. I need to run a server-side script (a function in code
behind page file) when  user clicks any the menuitem.
I can run a client-side script but cannot server-side. Is there a way to
handle this problem in ASP.NET

Thanks,

How to call a server side-script when user clicks client-side menuitem ?

Post by Ride » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:12:42

The way is exactly the same as in ASP: call some page with defined GET
parameters in querystring.

-- Rider

| I have a menu designed with XML,XLS and client-side Java script like
| Microsoft Web site. I need to run a server-side script (a function in code
| behind page file) when  user clicks any the menuitem.
| I can run a client-side script but cannot server-side. Is there a way to
| handle this problem in ASP.NET
|
| Thanks,

How to call a server side-script when user clicks client-side menuitem ?

Post by Gregory A. Beame » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 06:06:03

Post back to the page. You could also call an XML web service using
different methods, if you know the client has XmlHttp on his box (or even an
ADO stream object). It gets a bit tricky, so a postback is the easiest
method.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:> I have a menu designed with XML,XLS and client-side Java script like