PostBack with client side JavaScript?

Post by Jorg » Fri, 24 May 2002 06:55:14

How can I do a PostBack with client side JavaScript?  I
need to collect data via client side JavaScript and send
that data back to the serve via a PostBack.  Of course, I
want to trap that post back on the server and process that
data sent from the client.

Thanks

PostBack with client side JavaScript?

Post by Robin Sh » Sat, 25 May 2002 12:49:57

I think you can just submit the form like before such as form1.submit.
However, please confirm that you do have a named server side form and
verify it in the generated html page.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Robin

1. How could I call server-side function from client-side Javascript?

I have a web-form, a button and server-side function that have to run
when the button is clicked. Looks sipmle, but the web-form and the
function are located in one frame and the button is located in
another.

The only way I know to overcome the gap between two different frames
is JavaScript. But I don't know how could I call server-side function
from client-side Javascript.

Thank you for help.

Olga

2. Twinhead Slimnote CD-ROM driver

3. client side javascript function - called from server side

4. Request for advice on embedded processor

5. How do I call a server-side click event after client-side Javascript runs?

6. Studies on Internet Reliability

7. How do i invoke client side javascript in server side C# method ?

8. DSP-RELATED mailing lists

9. web client postback from javascript

10. ListBox Order Problem on PostBack (Client Side Reordering)

11. Help:Disabling PostBack on client side button_onclick

12. How to trap postBack (onsubmit) event at the client side

13. Client-side script + postback?