Browse Multiple Files!!

Post by Jay Balap » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:42:08

Hello,

Iam aware of HtmlInputFile, but I would like to pick multiple files.

I dont want to upload the files, I just want to get thier paths.

Is there a control to do it.

thanks.
jay

Browse Multiple Files!!

Post by Kevin Spence » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:36:19

In an HTML document, an "input type='File'" form field is used to upload
files. It WILL upload the files to the server. Whether or not you want to
save those files is up to you. That form field can accept exactly ONE file
path, and it will transmit it to the server, along with the rest of the
posted data. You can certainly have as many of them as you wish in a single
HTML document.

Other than that, you would have to use a Java Applet or ActiveX control on
the client side to simply get a listing of file paths.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Different Strangs fer Different Thangs.

Quote:> Hello,

> Iam aware of HtmlInputFile, but I would like to pick multiple files.

> I dont want to upload the files, I just want to get thier paths.

> Is there a control to do it.

> thanks.
> jay

Browse Multiple Files!!

Post by John Tkaczews » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 06:05:48

For uploading multiple files, take a look at UUPload.
UUPload Pro will alow you to upload multiple files or directories.
UUpload Pro will upload via FTP or HTTP (dependng on the settings)

UUpload is a signed Java applet that will work on browsers for Mac and
PC platforms.

Here is a link: http://www.unlimitedftp.ca/uupload

John

> In an HTML document, an "input type='File'" form field is used to upload
> files. It WILL upload the files to the server. Whether or not you want to
> save those files is up to you. That form field can accept exactly ONE file
> path, and it will transmit it to the server, along with the rest of the
> posted data. You can certainly have as many of them as you wish in a single
> HTML document.

> Other than that, you would have to use a Java Applet or ActiveX control on
> the client side to simply get a listing of file paths.

> HTH,

> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> Internet Developer
> http://www.takempis.com
> Different Strangs fer Different Thangs.

> > Hello,

> > Iam aware of HtmlInputFile, but I would like to pick multiple files.

> > I dont want to upload the files, I just want to get thier paths.

> > Is there a control to do it.

> > thanks.
> > jay

1. Multiple upload of files in single browse in ASP.NET

Good Morning Guys

We know that we can use <input type=file ...> control to upload
one file per time to the server. My question is if there
is any other way to upload multiple files per time to the
server in a single browse???

(Of course, we can use <input type=file ...>
multiple times and then submit once. But this is not what
I want, because we have to click "browse" button several
times to select multiple files before submit in this
way.)....... "Upload multiple files PER TIME", I mean here is ...we
can
select multiple files in ONE time just like in a OpenFileDialog
component
by selecting files holding the control button and submit in ONE shot,
and thus upload multiple files in ONE time.

Please do reply ASAP if you have any solutions...

Thanks and Regards
Srivatsa

2. Bonding performance

3. Browsing the file system and getting the path to a file

4. sshd: rcvd big packet

5. client side browsing files not file

6. Skewcharacter in TeX

7. Creating Browse information for multiple projects

8. What is an .mtt

9. How to browse multiple URL arguments

10. Changing Multiple Web Applications into a Single Web App (with multiple project files)

11. Disabling the file browsing capability in IE

12. How do I get a file browse button in the property grid?

13. File Browsing Issue